System Boot Fail;ure Beeping

Ashley Clements

System Boot Fail;ure Beeping
System running Vista Home Premium Upgrade since release and all updates
automaticaly downloaded. On Startup, a long beep followed by 2 short beeps
occurs, by switching off power supply and restarting system will boot mostly
on first restart but sometimes it takes up to 4. When system on brown off
button or "restart there are no problems only when powered shut down. I have
checked boot priority and everything is in correct order.I have reinstalled
Windows Vista upgrade hoping this would clear problem but it is still there.
I can cope with just turning sytem off but on some occassions I wish to shut
down due to absence from home.
Any suggestions please.
--
Ashley
peter

Re: System Boot Fail;ure Beeping
That is not a Software problem...it’s a hardware problem.The beeps are your
motherboard's way of telling you what the specific problem is.Each BIOS has
a different beep code..once you determine the maker of your Bios do a Google
on Beep codes and look for the sequence guide.

The hard shut down/stall on start up is usually an indication that your PSU
is not supplying enough power to start up your devices.When you just reboot
the devices already have partial power and all starts up normally.

peter

"Ashley Clements" <AshleyClements@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E3139555-9C0A-4D07-8047-1F30E49167AC@microsoft.com...