pointer jumps all over the place

EPLH

pointer jumps all over the place
Hi, My pointer jumps all over the place I have a wireless laptop, Vista Home
Premier got for xmas with wireless mouse. My pointer jumps everywhere, but
the built in mouse also jumps, is there something in the drive or laptop?
Anyone
have any clues?
--
EPLH54
guitardude

Re: pointer jumps all over the place
At first I thought it might be your surface that the mouse is on but then
you said that the pad does it too. Make sure the "pointer trails" are
disabled. go to control panel, Mouse, pointer options, and it is under
visibility. that’s the only non-hardware thing I can think of. let me know
if it helps,
guitardude

"EPLH" <EPLH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, My pointer jumps all over the place I have a wireless laptop, Vista
> Premier got for xmas with wireless mouse. My pointer jumps everywhere,
> but
> the built in mouse also jumps, is there something in the drive or laptop?
> Anyone
> have any clues?
> --
> EPLH54

Kerry Brown

Re: pointer jumps all over the place
"EPLH" <EPLH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, My pointer jumps all over the place I have a wireless laptop, Vista
> Premier got for xmas with wireless mouse. My pointer jumps everywhere,
> but
> the built in mouse also jumps, is there something in the drive or laptop?
> Anyone
> have any clues?
> --
> EPLH54

Does this happen if you uninstall the wireless mouse and just use the built
in touchpad? Does it happen if you disable the touchpad and just use the
wireless mouse?

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

R. C. White

Re: pointer jumps all over the place
Hi, EPLH.

Does your computer have voice recognition software? Is your microphone
"live"? Such skittering can be caused by random sounds interpreted as mouse
or keyboard input.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

cozze2002@yahoo.com

On Jan 15, 11:42*pm, EPLH <E...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi, *My pointer jumps all over the place I have a wireless laptop, VistaHome
> Premier got for xmas with wireless mouse. *My pointer jumps everywhere, but
> the built in mouse also jumps, is there something in the drive or laptop? *
> Anyone *
> have any clues?
> --
> EPLH54

Hi, I had the same problem and what I did was to slow down my mouse.
Go to control panel and search for you mouse icon or look in hardware
and right click you will see a speed lever just make it slower, it
will work.

Let me know
Cozze