Air Mouse Compatibility

supercoolbabe

Air Mouse Compatibility
Will the Gyration GO 2.4 Cordless Optical Air Mouse, w/ 2.4 Ghz RF Receiver,
Model: GC1005M work with Vista? or and of the air mice for that matter?
--
Dede
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Air Mouse Compatibility
Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP are supported. Vista is not mentioned.

"supercoolbabe" <supercoolbabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Will the Gyration GO 2.4 Cordless Optical Air Mouse, w/ 2.4 Ghz RF
> Receiver,
> Model: GC1005M work with Vista? or and of the air mice for that matter?
> --
> Dede

supercoolbabe

Re: Air Mouse Compatibility
How do I find out if it doesn't say?
--
Dede

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP are supported. Vista is not mentioned.
>
> "supercoolbabe" <supercoolbabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Will the Gyration GO 2.4 Cordless Optical Air Mouse, w/ 2.4 Ghz RF
> > Receiver,
> > Model: GC1005M work with Vista? or and of the air mice for that matter?
> > --
> > Dede

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Air Mouse Compatibility
If it doesn't say that it supports Vista then you have to proceed on the
assumption that it does not. How else can you do it? The manufacturer
would say so if it did because that would be a selling point. Anyway, it
was released on June 1, 2005, 18 months before Vista came out. If the
manufacturer did not write a new driver since then, it will not work.

Cnet reviewed it on 7/13/05:
http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/gyratio...-31428447.html
The supported operating systems are listed at the end of the specs:
http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/gyratio...7.html?tag=sub

The manufacturer's support page does not list any downloads so there must
not be any driver updates.
http://www.gyration.com/t-DownLoads.aspx

The Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List (filtered on Gyration input
devices) is here:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Pro...&cid=400&f=86p

There is simply no indication that the device will work with Vista. Other
than that you can try it but I wouldn't buy one just to find out.

> How do I find out if it doesn't say?
> --
> Dede
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP are supported. Vista is not mentioned.
>>
>> "supercoolbabe" <supercoolbabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Will the Gyration GO 2.4 Cordless Optical Air Mouse, w/ 2.4 Ghz RF
>> > Receiver,
>> > Model: GC1005M work with Vista? or and of the air mice for that matter?
>> > --
>> > Dede

supercoolbabe

Re: Air Mouse Compatibility
Thanks. Good advice.
--
Dede

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> If it doesn't say that it supports Vista then you have to proceed on the
> assumption that it does not. How else can you do it? The manufacturer
> would say so if it did because that would be a selling point. Anyway, it
> was released on June 1, 2005, 18 months before Vista came out. If the
> manufacturer did not write a new driver since then, it will not work.
>
> Cnet reviewed it on 7/13/05:
> http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/gyratio...-31428447.html
> The supported operating systems are listed at the end of the specs:
> http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/gyratio...7.html?tag=sub
>
> The manufacturer's support page does not list any downloads so there must
> not be any driver updates.
> http://www.gyration.com/t-DownLoads.aspx
>
> The Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List (filtered on Gyration input
> devices) is here:
> http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Pro...&cid=400&f=86p
>
> There is simply no indication that the device will work with Vista. Other
> than that you can try it but I wouldn't buy one just to find out.
>
> "supercoolbabe" <supercoolbabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I find out if it doesn't say?
> > --
> > Dede
> >

> > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> >
> >> Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP are supported. Vista is not mentioned.
> >>
> >> "supercoolbabe" <supercoolbabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Air Mouse Compatibility
You're welcome.

> Thanks. Good advice.
> --
> Dede
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> If it doesn't say that it supports Vista then you have to proceed on the
>> assumption that it does not. How else can you do it? The manufacturer
>> would say so if it did because that would be a selling point. Anyway, it
>> was released on June 1, 2005, 18 months before Vista came out. If the
>> manufacturer did not write a new driver since then, it will not work.
>>
>> Cnet reviewed it on 7/13/05:
>> http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/gyratio...-31428447.html
>> The supported operating systems are listed at the end of the specs:
>> http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/gyratio...7.html?tag=sub
>>
>> The manufacturer's support page does not list any downloads so there must
>> not be any driver updates.
>> http://www.gyration.com/t-DownLoads.aspx
>>
>> The Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List (filtered on Gyration input
>> devices) is here:
>> http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Pro...&cid=400&f=86p
>>
>> There is simply no indication that the device will work with Vista.
>> Other
>> than that you can try it but I wouldn't buy one just to find out.
>>
>> "supercoolbabe" <supercoolbabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > How do I find out if it doesn't say?
>> > --
>> > Dede

Gyration Air Mouse Mark K microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 4 04-12-2009 02:12
USB Mouse - HID Compliant Mouse SteveB_0001 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-18-2009 11:58
Low-Tech Air Force Grounds High-Tech Air Force Paul Security News 0 05-09-2007 13:46
Cracks in the air Paul Security News 0 05-07-2007 21:32
Text Disappears On Mouse Enter or Mouse Leave J. W. T. Kottekoe microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-01-2007 02:59