What bunch of dipstics wrote this crap?

ato_zee@hotmail.com

What bunch of dipstics wrote this crap?
PC effectively dies with Trusted Installer taking
100% of CPU.
It doesn't appear to do anything useful, only
act like a virus.
What's it doing?
How do I get rid of it?
Cameron Snyder

Re: What bunch of dipstics wrote this crap?
Trusted installer installs, of course, like updates and stuff. It is
scheduled to act periodically in the background. Since you are so hysterical
at 100% CPU usage and apt to get rid of stuff you don't even know what it
does, you have probably already rendered your system unusable with a cascade
of unintended consequences due to your own ignorant acts, so who knows why
your trusted installer can no longer be trusted.

Start with the event viewer and read what is occurring at the times your
mal-trusted installer is doing its thing.

ato_zee@hotmail.com

Re: What bunch of dipstics wrote this crap?

> It is
> scheduled to act periodically in the background.

But written by dipsticks, it takes 100% CPU, so the
PC goes into rigor mortis mode, which is definately
not acting periodically in the background.
More like it is acting in the foreground. Surely
any competent programmer, and MS don't seem
to have any, would program in around 30% CPU
max.
Frank

ato_zee@hotmail.com wrote:
>>It is
>>scheduled to act periodically in the background.

> But written by dipsticks, it takes 100% CPU, so the
> PC goes into rigor mortis mode, which is definately
> not acting periodically in the background.
> More like it is acting in the foreground. Surely
> any competent programmer, and MS don't seem
> to have any, would program in around 30% CPU
> max.

hahaha...now we're getting somewhere...so you think you're a
"programmer" right...LOL!
Frank
Cameron Snyder

Re: What bunch of dipstics wrote this crap?
Then it isn't 100% CPU that has you upset, but your machine is freezing up.
I often get 100% usage and my PC is still perfectly responsive because of
task priority. This has nothing to do with CPU percentage. Anyway, your
machine is messed up, and given the tone and acumen of your post and
unreasonable need to place blame elsewhere rather than find a solution, is
probably due to your own actions.

>> It is
>> scheduled to act periodically in the background.

> But written by dipsticks, it takes 100% CPU, so the
> PC goes into rigor mortis mode, which is definately
> not acting periodically in the background.
> More like it is acting in the foreground. Surely
> any competent programmer, and MS don't seem
> to have any, would program in around 30% CPU
> max.

Robyn

Re: What bunch of dipstics wrote this crap?
Have you ever tried right clicking on my computer, and opening it, then click
on you hard drive then properties, and do a disk clean up, might help, in
getting what not needed old cookies and temp files that's not needed anymore.

--
Robyn

ato_zee@hotmail.com

Re: What bunch of dipstics wrote this crap?

> Then it isn't 100% CPU that has you upset, but your machine is freezing
> up.
> I often get 100% usage and my PC is still perfectly responsive because of
> task priority. This has nothing to do with CPU percentage.

Only problem is I'm trying to get some work done, with 100% CPU and
a PC with rigor mortis, Excel macros also have rigor mortis, since
Excel macros also demand 100% CPU.
MS just don't seem to have any competent programmers, they
can't even make Excel a 64 bit program.
MS seem totally incompetent in most areas.
Their WGA server going down and crippling legitimate
machines is just another example.
Surely for a critical server you have a backup server.
DarkSentinel

>> Then it isn't 100% CPU that has you upset, but your machine is freezing
>> up.
>> I often get 100% usage and my PC is still perfectly responsive because of
>> task priority. This has nothing to do with CPU percentage.

> Only problem is I'm trying to get some work done, with 100% CPU and
> a PC with rigor mortis, Excel macros also have rigor mortis, since
> Excel macros also demand 100% CPU.
> MS just don't seem to have any competent programmers, they
> can't even make Excel a 64 bit program.
> MS seem totally incompetent in most areas.
> Their WGA server going down and crippling legitimate
> machines is just another example.
> Surely for a critical server you have a backup server.

Funny, I never have those problems. And AGAIN, check your facts about the
server crash. Don't you think that IF the server had been doing that it
would have garnered more press, especially from the smacktards? Funny that
the ONLY mention of a problem says August of 2007. Perhaps you should wait
until you know what you are talking about before posting.

--
Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting.
http://www.lockergnome.com/darksentinel

MICHAEL

Re: What bunch of dipstics wrote this crap?
<ato_zee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:478bcd5f$0$21104$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk...
> PC effectively dies with Trusted Installer taking
> 100% of CPU.
> It doesn't appear to do anything useful, only
> act like a virus.
> What's it doing?
> How do I get rid of it?

If you haven't immediately installed any programs, you can kill it.
Supposedly, Trusted Installer has to do with Add/Remove
and optional components. It's Service name is "Windows Modules Installer".
However, when you check the dependencies for that Service,
none are listed.

Go into Admin Tools>Services and find "Windows Modules Installer".
Be sure it is set to "Manual". Stop it if it is causing problems.

You could also right-click on the process name -> set priority -> below normal

http://www.speedyvista.com/services/..._Installer.php

-Michael

Andy

Re: What bunch of dipstics wrote this crap?
LOL you could get a REAL OS WINDOWS XP PRO.
not that over priced pice of crap window dressing called VISTA.

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"MICHAEL" <u158627_7@dslr.net> wrote in message
> <ato_zee@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > PC effectively dies with Trusted Installer taking
> > 100% of CPU.
> > It doesn't appear to do anything useful, only
> > act like a virus.
> > What's it doing?
> > How do I get rid of it?

> If you haven't immediately installed any programs, you can kill it.
> Supposedly, Trusted Installer has to do with Add/Remove
> and optional components. It's Service name is "Windows Modules

Installer".
> However, when you check the dependencies for that Service,
> none are listed.
>
> Go into Admin Tools>Services and find "Windows Modules Installer".
> Be sure it is set to "Manual". Stop it if it is causing problems.
>
> You could also right-click on the process name -> set priority -> below

normal

> http://www.speedyvista.com/services/..._Installer.php
>

> -Michael

What bunch of dipstics wrote this crap? ato_zee@hotmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 21 01-20-2008 09:42
Winnie Wrote a Math Book Steve General Technology News 0 08-03-2007 19:04
Munch a Bunch 1.1 Gamer Games Feed 0 06-29-2007 17:25
Vista can write to DVD but won't read the one it just wrote Jason microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 06-28-2007 23:30
Who Wrote, and Paid For, 2.6.20 Steve General Technology News 0 03-01-2007 18:30