PLEASE HELP

sweetie211314

PLEASE HELP
Although the built in speakers in my laptop work perfectly - music, dvds,
videos, etc. - my vista default sound scheme has stopped working. It was
working previously and I am at a loss to understand why it has stopped. I
have checked that the speakers are not muted, ensured that the levels are
properly set, checked that I have the most up to date driver, etc., etc.,
etc. None of the sounds work, including the start up, normal alerts and so
on. When I go to the sound scheme and test individual sounds they do not
play, however, if I open the individual sound files they will sound in media
player. I know there is an expert out there somewhere who will know what to
do. Any help is appreciated.
dWells

RE: PLEASE HELP
I had a similiar problem with Media Player in Vista 64 bit. I played around
and found that a USB plug in Head Set was conflicting with the build in
Mother Board sound. When I removed the Headset USB all was well.