nVidia 6200 and drivers

Hugh Fraser

nVidia 6200 and drivers
I recently bought a 6200 for my computer but when I install the drivers from
the supplied CD, It Blue Screens.

When I download the drivers from the nVidia website, same thing, Blue
Screen.

Any Ideas?

Daniel

Re: nVidia 6200 and drivers
Two things I would do, take the cover off the machine and make sure the GPU
is properly seated, press it in hard and do it again.

I would also try the native Vista driver form MS.

cheers

Daniel
"Hugh Fraser" <hughfraserlarne@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I recently bought a 6200 for my computer but when I install the drivers
>from the supplied CD, It Blue Screens.
>
> When I download the drivers from the nVidia website, same thing, Blue
> Screen.
>
> Any Ideas?

PvdG42

Re: nVidia 6200 and drivers
"Hugh Fraser" <hughfraserlarne@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I recently bought a 6200 for my computer but when I install the drivers
>from the supplied CD, It Blue Screens.
>
> When I download the drivers from the nVidia website, same thing, Blue
> Screen.
>
> Any Ideas?

Are you sure the drivers on the CD are for Vista? The 6200 is a pretty old
card. I agree that you should try the drivers available with Vista itself,
but first you'll need to remove the drivers you installed previously.

Colin Barnhorst

Re: nVidia 6200 and drivers
nVidia video driver package 169.25 covers all 6x, 7x, and 8x cards. The
6200 is specifically included. He only needs to ensure it is the current
driver installed.

"PvdG42" <pvdg@toadstool.edu> wrote in message
> "Hugh Fraser" <hughfraserlarne@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I recently bought a 6200 for my computer but when I install the drivers
>>from the supplied CD, It Blue Screens.
>>
>> When I download the drivers from the nVidia website, same thing, Blue
>> Screen.
>>
>> Any Ideas?

> Are you sure the drivers on the CD are for Vista? The 6200 is a pretty old
> card. I agree that you should try the drivers available with Vista itself,
> but first you'll need to remove the drivers you installed previously.

H. Fraser

Re: nVidia 6200 and drivers
On 14 Jan, 05:24, "Daniel" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> Two things I would do, take the cover off the machine and make sure the GPU
> is properly seated, press it in hard and do it again.
>
> I would also try the native Vista driver form MS.
>
> cheers
>
> Daniel"Hugh Fraser" <hughfraserla...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I recently bought a 6200 for my computer but when I install the drivers
> >from the supplied CD, It Blue Screens.

> > When I download the drivers from the nVidia website, same thing, Blue
> > Screen.

> > Any Ideas?- Hide quoted text -

Hi Daniel,
Not sure how to make sure the GPU is seated right, is it like making
sure a
CPU is seated right?

I have tried the windows update as well but BSOD galore, no luck what
so
ever.

Hugh
Colin Barnhorst

Re: nVidia 6200 and drivers
Remove and reinstall the card.

"H. Fraser" <hughfraserlarne@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> On 14 Jan, 05:24, "Daniel" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> Two things I would do, take the cover off the machine and make sure the
>> GPU
>> is properly seated, press it in hard and do it again.
>>
>> I would also try the native Vista driver form MS.
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> Daniel"Hugh Fraser" <hughfraserla...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> >I recently bought a 6200 for my computer but when I install the drivers
>> >from the supplied CD, It Blue Screens.

>> > When I download the drivers from the nVidia website, same thing, Blue
>> > Screen.

>> > Any Ideas?- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Daniel,
> Not sure how to make sure the GPU is seated right, is it like making
> sure a
> CPU is seated right?
>
> I have tried the windows update as well but BSOD galore, no luck what
> so
> ever.
>
> Hugh

H. Fraser

Re: nVidia 6200 and drivers
On 14 Jan, 16:26, "Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnho...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Remove and reinstall the card.
>
> "H. Fraser" <hughfraserla...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > On 14 Jan, 05:24, "Daniel" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> >> Two things I would do, take the cover off the machine and make sure the
> >> GPU
> >> is properly seated, press it in hard and do it again.

> >> I would also try the native Vista driver form MS.

> >> cheers

> >> Daniel"Hugh Fraser" <hughfraserla...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi Daniel,
> > Not sure how to make sure the GPU is seated right, is it like making
> > sure a
> > CPU is seated right?

> > I have tried the windows update as well but BSOD galore, no luck what
> > so
> > ever.

> > Hugh- Hide quoted text -

Hi Colin,
I have tried this. many times.
Hugh.
Cal Bear '66

Re: nVidia 6200 and drivers
Does your computer have an on-board video adapter?

If so, have you gone into the BIOS to disable the on-board adapter?

Have you uninstalled previous video adapter drivers?

Have you tried to install the new drivers in Safe Mode?

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Hugh Fraser" <hughfraserlarne@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I recently bought a 6200 for my computer but when I install the drivers from
>the supplied CD, It Blue Screens.
>
> When I download the drivers from the nVidia website, same thing, Blue Screen.
>
> Any Ideas?

Colin Barnhorst

Re: nVidia 6200 and drivers
I was simply responding to your question,

> On 14 Jan, 16:26, "Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnho...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Remove and reinstall the card.
>>
>> "H. Fraser" <hughfraserla...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

>> > Hi Daniel,
>> > Not sure how to make sure the GPU is seated right, is it like making
>> > sure a
>> > CPU is seated right?

>> > I have tried the windows update as well but BSOD galore, no luck what
>> > so
>> > ever.

>> > Hugh- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Colin,
> I have tried this. many times.
> Hugh.

chrisbimmermd is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: nVidia 6200 and drivers
Hey everyone. NVIDIA has updated their site since this question has been asked. Here is the direct link: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us

Here NVIDIA will directly scan to see what download you need for your computer for this product (6200 OC), and will then give you the option to install the new driver.

Make sure you look to see that the address line starts with "http://www.nvidia.com" when you click this link!

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Barnhorst View Post