Nvidia GeForce 8800GT and dual monitors not working

Michigan_D

Nvidia GeForce 8800GT and dual monitors not working
Hello everyone...

I seem to have a similiar problem. I'm running Vista Home Premium with
Nvidia GeForce 8800GT connected via DVI to two ViewSonic VP2030B Monitors.
For some reason I cannot get them into dual mode. Any advice?
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT and dual monitors not working
Are you trying to use the nVidia control panel or just the Vista Display
Settings page?

"Michigan_D" <MichiganD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsD218200-1076-45D2-8168-C32DD28D14F6@microsoft.com...
> Hello everyone...
>
> I seem to have a similiar problem. I'm running Vista Home Premium with
> Nvidia GeForce 8800GT connected via DVI to two ViewSonic VP2030B Monitors.
> For some reason I cannot get them into dual mode. Any advice?

Curious

Re: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT and dual monitors not working
Are you trying to use Clone mode or Extended desk top mode?

"Curious" wrote:

> Are you trying to use Clone mode or Extended desk top mode?
> "Michigan_D" <MichiganD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsD218200-1076-45D2-8168-C32DD28D14F6@microsoft.com...
> > Hello everyone...
> >
> > I seem to have a similiar problem. I'm running Vista Home Premium with
> > Nvidia GeForce 8800GT connected via DVI to two ViewSonic VP2030B Monitors.
> > For some reason I cannot get them into dual mode. Any advice?

Michigan_D

Re: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT and dual monitors not working
I am trying to use Extended desk top mode. I also tried using Nividia's
control panel both without success.

"Curious" wrote:

> Are you trying to use Clone mode or Extended desk top mode?
> "Michigan_D" <MichiganD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsD218200-1076-45D2-8168-C32DD28D14F6@microsoft.com...
> > Hello everyone...
> >
> > I seem to have a similiar problem. I'm running Vista Home Premium with
> > Nvidia GeForce 8800GT connected via DVI to two ViewSonic VP2030B Monitors.
> > For some reason I cannot get them into dual mode. Any advice?

JW

Re: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT and dual monitors not working
Does your 8800GT card have 2 DVI connectors and is each one connected with a
separate cable to each of the 2 displays?
>I am trying to use Extended desk top mode. I also tried using Nividia's
> control panel both without success.
>
> "Curious" wrote:
>
>> Are you trying to use Clone mode or Extended desk top mode?
>> "Michigan_D" <MichiganD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsD218200-1076-45D2-8168-C32DD28D14F6@microsoft.com...
>> > Hello everyone...
>> >
>> > I seem to have a similiar problem. I'm running Vista Home Premium with
>> > Nvidia GeForce 8800GT connected via DVI to two ViewSonic VP2030B
>> > Monitors.
>> > For some reason I cannot get them into dual mode. Any advice?

Dave

Re: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT and dual monitors not working
I have a GeForce 7800 GTX, with 2 LCD monitors (17"Planar PL170) + 19"
Gateway FPD1965) via DVI.

Forceware version 169.25

In nVidia Control Panel....
Display - Set up multiple displays
(.) Configured independently from each other (Dualview)

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Michigan_D" <MichiganD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to use Extended desk top mode. I also tried using Nividia's
> control panel both without success.
>
> "Curious" wrote:
>
>> Are you trying to use Clone mode or Extended desk top mode?
>> "Michigan_D" <MichiganD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsD218200-1076-45D2-8168-C32DD28D14F6@microsoft.com...
>> > Hello everyone...
>> >
>> > I seem to have a similiar problem. I'm running Vista Home Premium with
>> > Nvidia GeForce 8800GT connected via DVI to two ViewSonic VP2030B
>> > Monitors.
>> > For some reason I cannot get them into dual mode. Any advice?

Harm7

Re: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT and dual monitors not working
On desktop right click and select Personalize at bottom.
Turn on all your displays.
Click on "Display Settings"
Will see "Monitor" Box and it should contain all the monitors connected to
your computer, for example mine shows 4 monitor boxes.
Main will be bright, others will be greyed somewhat, that means they are not
attached yet.
Go to one of the other monitors and right click on it, then select "attach".
Now you will see that monitor dialog brighten up, repeat for as many
monitors, then hit "Apply" at bottom.
Now you can click and drag your monitors how you want them to respond to
your mouse ie: Monitor 2 left of Main, move mouse left through main to get
over to monitor 2. Also can put one on top/bottom.
you should hit the "Identify" buttom to make sure you are moving the
appropriate monitor.

"Dave" wrote:

> I have a GeForce 7800 GTX, with 2 LCD monitors (17"Planar PL170) + 19"
> Gateway FPD1965) via DVI.
>
> Forceware version 169.25
>
> In nVidia Control Panel....
> Display - Set up multiple displays
> (.) Configured independently from each other (Dualview)
>

> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>
> "Michigan_D" <MichiganD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to use Extended desk top mode. I also tried using Nividia's
> > control panel both without success.
> >
> > "Curious" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you trying to use Clone mode or Extended desk top mode?
> >> "Michigan_D" <MichiganD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> newsD218200-1076-45D2-8168-C32DD28D14F6@microsoft.com...

Michigan_D

Re: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT and dual monitors not working
Yes, I tried all of the suggestions. I should have stated that the dual
monitors would stop working after going into sleep mode or when the pc was
turned off. The system would lose one of the two ViewSonic VP2030B monitors
which are connected via seperate DVI cables. Sometimes the pc would show 2
monitors; 1 as the ViewSonic at the correct resolution and the other as a non
pnp monitor with the resolution of 1024 x 768. I tried the 169.25 and 169.28
drivers in addition to replacing the video card.

That seemed to for a few days. Just to try it, I reloaded my pc as a dual
boot with XP and Vista. The monitors failed to load properly with either OS.
I returned the pc from the place I had it built. I am now awaiting a new
system from a different vendor. Wish me luck.

"Harm7" wrote:

> On desktop right click and select Personalize at bottom.
> Turn on all your displays.
> Click on "Display Settings"
> Will see "Monitor" Box and it should contain all the monitors connected to
> your computer, for example mine shows 4 monitor boxes.
> Main will be bright, others will be greyed somewhat, that means they are not
> attached yet.
> Go to one of the other monitors and right click on it, then select "attach".
> Now you will see that monitor dialog brighten up, repeat for as many
> monitors, then hit "Apply" at bottom.
> Now you can click and drag your monitors how you want them to respond to
> your mouse ie: Monitor 2 left of Main, move mouse left through main to get
> over to monitor 2. Also can put one on top/bottom.
> you should hit the "Identify" buttom to make sure you are moving the
> appropriate monitor.
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
> > I have a GeForce 7800 GTX, with 2 LCD monitors (17"Planar PL170) + 19"
> > Gateway FPD1965) via DVI.
> >
> > Forceware version 169.25
> >
> > In nVidia Control Panel....
> > Display - Set up multiple displays
> > (.) Configured independently from each other (Dualview)
> >

> > --
> > http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
> >
> > "Michigan_D" <MichiganD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am trying to use Extended desk top mode. I also tried using Nividia's
> > > control panel both without success.

str3ss

Re: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT and dual monitors not working

Hi Michigan_D, are you able to let us know if you've had any success?

I too have had the same problems with my dual 8800GTS cards and three
ViewSonic VP203b monitors running under Vista x64 Ultimate. I'd be very
interested to know if you've managed to solve the problems.

--
str3ss