Built in Webcam HELP

Erin

Built in Webcam HELP
I upgraded to Vista a while back, and since then I can not access my webcam.
The only option is to uninstall it. I have downloaded all drivers, but I
still can't access it. It is a built in webcam for HP Pavilion dv2000. Any
help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Built in Webcam HELP
HP has firmware updates the webcam for Vista on their website.

"Erin" <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I upgraded to Vista a while back, and since then I can not access my
>webcam.
> The only option is to uninstall it. I have downloaded all drivers, but I
> still can't access it. It is a built in webcam for HP Pavilion dv2000. Any
> help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

Erin

Re: Built in Webcam HELP
The thing is that I have downloaded all of that.. and, still, I am not able
to access the webcam. I only have the option to uninstall.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> HP has firmware updates the webcam for Vista on their website.
>
> "Erin" <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I upgraded to Vista a while back, and since then I can not access my
> >webcam.
> > The only option is to uninstall it. I have downloaded all drivers, but I
> > still can't access it. It is a built in webcam for HP Pavilion dv2000. Any
> > help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

Rodney Farmer

Re: Built in Webcam HELP
Hi,

I have a similar problem on my Pavillion dv9000 and I have also downloaded
the latest HP drivers.
A workaround solution for me is to open Control Panel/System and navigate to
Device Manager, select the webcam under imaging devices and right click then
select disable. After a few seconds right click again and select Enable,
the webcam then works, but this sequence needs to be performed almost every
time I use the built in webcam. A similar result can be obtained by putting
comp into sleep mode for a minute or so and then return to normal operation.

Hope this works for you.

Rod Farmer

> The thing is that I have downloaded all of that.. and, still, I am not
> able
> to access the webcam. I only have the option to uninstall.
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> HP has firmware updates the webcam for Vista on their website.
>>
>> "Erin" <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I upgraded to Vista a while back, and since then I can not access my
>> >webcam.
>> > The only option is to uninstall it. I have downloaded all drivers, but
>> > still can't access it. It is a built in webcam for HP Pavilion dv2000.
>> > Any
>> > help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

Kevin

Re: Built in Webcam HELP
Like Erin, I also have a Pavilion dv2000. After installing Vista and all the
MS updates and installing all the lastest and greatest updates from HP's
website, my webcam still does not work. As a matter of fact, Vista does not
even think there is a webcam, it does not eshow up in Device Manager and like
Erin, I have an option to unistall the webcam, but nothing else.

For what ever reason, Vista is not loading the drivers for the built-in
webcam. Even if I choose legacy hardware or do a manual search.

Any other ideas??