Missing license key, USB flash drive Cruzer data stick 256 MB

Bert

Missing license key, USB flash drive Cruzer data stick 256 MB
When trying to access the data on my Sandisk USB Cruzer flash drive (256 MB)
I keep getting the same message: Missing License
Unable to locate key on currently available media. In order to access all
the features available for this archive, please insert the Cruzer media that
contains your license key and press retry. To continue without the key,press
continue? What is the cause of this? I had no problems using my data stick on
my old computer which ran Windows XP Home Edition SP2? My new comp. is
running Windows Vista Home Premium. Is my data stick not compataible with
Windows Vista or am I missing drivers for it? I don't remember having to type
in a license key to access my files when I was using my data stick on my old
computer? I'd double click on the Cruzer icon and set up a user name and
password, end of story. Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so
how did you fix it?

Thank-you!
Malke

Re: Missing license key, USB flash drive Cruzer data stick 256 MB
Bert wrote:
> When trying to access the data on my Sandisk USB Cruzer flash drive (256 MB)
> I keep getting the same message: Missing License
> Unable to locate key on currently available media. In order to access all
> the features available for this archive, please insert the Cruzer media that
> contains your license key and press retry. To continue without the key,press
> continue? What is the cause of this? I had no problems using my data stick on
> my old computer which ran Windows XP Home Edition SP2? My new comp. is
> running Windows Vista Home Premium. Is my data stick not compataible with
> Windows Vista or am I missing drivers for it? I don't remember having to type
> in a license key to access my files when I was using my data stick on my old
> computer? I'd double click on the Cruzer icon and set up a user name and
> password, end of story. Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so
> how did you fix it?

This is a WAG, but perhaps your Cruzer has U3 (encryption) technology.
U3 worked in XP but is not supported in Vista. If you suspect this is
your issue, contact Sandisk tech support.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com