CD/DVD refresh problem in Vista Ultimate

PCAssistNW

CD/DVD refresh problem in Vista Ultimate
Hi, I've been struggling with CD refresh problems since I installed Vista. I
installed clean.

I used to get this problem: When I insert a commercial cd/dvd, the Windows
blank disk option used to pop up asking if I want to ready the "blank" cd for
recording. It's not even a writable CD! In explorer, the cd/dvd never
refreshed when I put a second disk in the drive.

That used to be the behavior, but this doesn't even happen anymore. Now,
whenever I insert a CD or DVD, autoplay doesn't work at all; not for music,
not for movies, not for data, not for games. Also when changing CD's or
DVD's, the contents of the CD doesn't refresh in Explorer. I found a
temporary work around for explorer: eject the disk from explorer, manually
push the tray back in, and explorer will refresh.

In addition, when I run MP11, I can get the first CD to be recognized, but
after that MP11 doesn't refresh when I insert a new CD. I can't rip any of
my cd's after the first one.

I've gone into System Defaults and turned on AutoPlay for both my CD drives.
My two drives are NEC DVD RW ND-3550 & Pioneer DVD RW DVR109. They are both
attached to the secondary IDE channel as master & slave respectively.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

felinis is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: CD/DVD refresh problem in Vista Ultimate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCAssistNW View Post
[...]

There is no way to correct this from the Vista GUI as you could in XP - you have to edit the Registry.

Log in as administrator and run regedt32.exe.
Edit the following registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\cdrom\AutoRun"

Set its value to: "00000001".