Monitor loses signal while in sleep mode

Cheryl

Monitor loses signal while in sleep mode
Anybody know why my lcd screen would lose signal while the computer is in
sleep mode (sleep, not hibernation or any of the other options)? If I put
the system in sleep mode, I have to reboot my system in order for my monitor
to receive signal again. I have an acer 2223w and an Asus M2A-VM
motherboard. Don't know if it has anything to do with a setting in the
motherboard, or if it is the monitor. I'm also running Vista. I've
downloaded the most recent drivers.
John

Re: Monitor loses signal while in sleep mode

"Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anybody know why my lcd screen would lose signal while the computer is in
> sleep mode (sleep, not hibernation or any of the other options)? If I put
> the system in sleep mode, I have to reboot my system in order for my
> monitor
> to receive signal again. I have an acer 2223w and an Asus M2A-VM
> motherboard. Don't know if it has anything to do with a setting in the
> motherboard, or if it is the monitor. I'm also running Vista. I've
> downloaded the most recent drivers.

Most likely your video card is not being re-initialized when the
computer comes out of sleep mode. Thus it doesn't send any
video to the monitor. Check the video card manufacturer
for updated video rivers.

Cheryl

Re: Monitor loses signal while in sleep mode
I have integrated video on the motherboard. We've updated the drivers
lately. Do I still need a separate video card or is this sufficient?
Thanks for the reply.

>I have integrated video on the motherboard. We've updated the drivers
> lately. Do I still need a separate video card or is this sufficient?
> Thanks for the reply.

In that case the video drivers would be supplied by the
motherboard manufacturer. You do not need a seperate
video card unless you want more video capability than
the onboard video provides. I would not use video
drivers from the video chipset manufacturer since
they don't know what additional control hardware
the motherboard manufacturer may have included
on the motherboard. All of the drivers for
motherboard hardware should come from the
motherboard manufacturer.