Sound recorder not recording

Natural

Sound recorder not recording
I'm a Vista owner. I found the Sound recorder and at first it allowed me to
record as long as i wanted which was great. My next time to record, I get no
indication that I am recording and verified by trying to play the file. I
have tried plugging in a separate microphone in the availble pin spot but it
is not recognized. I just want to make simple audio recordings of my parts
in a play. Why is this so difficult.

I not a hi-tech guru so be gentle with the AICQ% ports and server answers
please.
regards,

Pooh

RE: Sound recorder not recording
Hi
I have exactly the same problem with my brand new Dell XPS running Vista
Home Premium. The first couple of times when I connected a stereo cable from
another sound device, recording worked okay - the next day I tried, the
micreophone cable is somehow not recognized. When I check in Control Panel -
Sound recording - it says that the microphone/line in is not connected - and
I am sure that it was connected before. The Configure button is greyed out,
and I don't find a way to connect or activate this contact.
I ran the Diagnostic check on my system, and then it worked - but it still
does not when I try using a recordong program.
I thougt this was a hardware problem - but seeing that others have the same
proiblem - perhaps it is a Vista issue?
I'm thankful for any advise.

Pooh

"Natural" wrote:

> I'm a Vista owner. I found the Sound recorder and at first it allowed me to
> record as long as i wanted which was great. My next time to record, I get no
> indication that I am recording and verified by trying to play the file. I
> have tried plugging in a separate microphone in the availble pin spot but it
> is not recognized. I just want to make simple audio recordings of my parts
> in a play. Why is this so difficult.
>
> I not a hi-tech guru so be gentle with the AICQ% ports and server answers
> please.
> regards,

Pooh

RE: Sound recorder not recording
After talking to tech support I downloaded the sound card drivers again from
the net, and now recording works again - the microphone cable is recognized.
I think a Vista update a few days ago somehow blocked the connection. If you
still have the problem - try installing audio drivers again, and see if it
helps.

Pooh