Geforce Series 5000 driver

Mauricio

Geforce Series 5000 driver
Is there any driver for vista? I have fx5900xt and using microsoft provided
drivers. I thing nvidia support from 6 to 8 series.

pvdg42

Re: Geforce Series 5000 driver

"Mauricio" <mauriciommm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there any driver for vista? I have fx5900xt and using microsoft
> provided drivers. I thing nvidia support from 6 to 8 series.

I'm in the same boat, and have asked this question previously.
The answers I received indicate that while NVIDIA supplied Vista drivers to
Microsoft for the 5000 series to include on the Vista DVD, they have now
decided not to support the 5000 series in subsequent driver updates. The
fact that most 5000 series cards fully support Vista features appears to be
immaterial to NVIDIA.

Welcome to the "I've been arbitrarily disenfranchised by NVIDIA and am now
in the market for a new video card" club

Mauricio

Re: Geforce Series 5000 driver
no more support for fx5900, no more support for nvidia nforce 2 chipset, no
more keyboard support... life is hard....

"pvdg42" <pvdg42@newsgroups.nospam> escribió en el mensaje de noticias

> "Mauricio" <mauriciommm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Is there any driver for vista? I have fx5900xt and using microsoft
>> provided drivers. I thing nvidia support from 6 to 8 series.

> I'm in the same boat, and have asked this question previously.
> The answers I received indicate that while NVIDIA supplied Vista drivers
> to Microsoft for the 5000 series to include on the Vista DVD, they have
> now decided not to support the 5000 series in subsequent driver updates.
> The fact that most 5000 series cards fully support Vista features appears
> to be immaterial to NVIDIA.
>
> Welcome to the "I've been arbitrarily disenfranchised by NVIDIA and am now
> in the market for a new video card" club

JW

Re: Geforce Series 5000 driver
I disagree NVIDIA totally supports the the 5xxx cards with the 96.85 Vista
drivers. See the following Link:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/vistaqualityassurance.html

I beleive they will get back to one Vista driver release when they have
completly restored all of the functionality using the PureVideo and other
code in the 6xxx, 7xxx, and 8xxx which which is not contained in the 5xxx
chipes with the graphics enhacements available in Vista. However there is
functionality available for the 5xxx cards in the 86.85 release that is not
availble for newer chips starting with the 97.45 release of higher.

"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>I disagree NVIDIA totally supports the the 5xxx cards with the 96.85 Vista
>drivers. See the following Link:
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/vistaqualityassurance.html
>
> I beleive they will get back to one Vista driver release when they have
> completly restored all of the functionality using the PureVideo and other
> code in the 6xxx, 7xxx, and 8xxx which which is not contained in the 5xxx
> chipes with the graphics enhacements available in Vista. However there is
> functionality available for the 5xxx cards in the 86.85 release that is
> not availble for newer chips starting with the 97.45 release of higher.

Yes there is the *one* driver (earlier version than the one on the Vista CD,
BTW),
I. and I'm sure others, appreciate the link. Going from the NVIDIA home page
and following the selections for Vista drivers, it doesn't come up.

I guess I see all the post Vista driver updates for 6000 and up, and feel
left out

JW

Re: Geforce Series 5000 driver
You could have easily select the link to the 96.85 drivers from the QA link
I supplied to you. Or you just chage the URL in what ever link you like you
are using from the version shown to 96.85.
In any case here is a link to the 32 bit 96.85 Vista drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_96.85.html

> You could have easily select the link to the 96.85 drivers from the QA
> link I supplied to you. Or you just chage the URL in what ever link you
> like you are using from the version shown to 96.85.
> In any case here is a link to the 32 bit 96.85 Vista drivers.
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_96.85.html

My bad!
If I implied your link was not correct, that's not true. Your link works
fine.
I was referring to the "normal" path one follows when using the NVIDIA
download site.

I was, and am, sincerely grateful for the link you posted.