My nvidia nforce networking controller driver can't load

shawn

My nvidia nforce networking controller driver can't load
Recently, i've upgraded from windows xp to windows vista and installed all of
the required drivers of my hardwares for windows vista. Everything is working
fine except for my nvidia nforce networking controller. I've already
downloaded the newest release for this driver and i'm sure that it's the
correct version for my vista 32-bit. The LAN adapter of my laptop isn't
malfunction and i`m sure of it.

The device status in the control panel states this error message :

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers
required for this device. (Code 31)

Please help me to find the solution to this problem. I don't know why does
it happens.

Thank you
Dwarf

RE: My nvidia nforce networking controller driver can't load
Hi shawn,

In order for someone to be able to help you, please post back with the make
and model of your laptop. Drivers for hardware devicesshould always be
obtained from the hardware manufacturer and not from Microsoft, unless, of
course, it is a Microsoft device.
Dwarf

"shawn" wrote:

> Recently, i've upgraded from windows xp to windows vista and installed all of
> the required drivers of my hardwares for windows vista. Everything is working
> fine except for my nvidia nforce networking controller. I've already
> downloaded the newest release for this driver and i'm sure that it's the
> correct version for my vista 32-bit. The LAN adapter of my laptop isn't
> malfunction and i`m sure of it.
>
> The device status in the control panel states this error message :
>
> This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers
> required for this device. (Code 31)
>
> Please help me to find the solution to this problem. I don't know why does
> it happens.
>
> Thank you

aakshayb is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Similar Problem
Hey people
I am having a similar problem
I am working on a windows Vista home premium laptop from hp DV 2000 (2519).
I usually work on my laptop without the battery and hence it was running on ac power. Well it so happened that I was working on my LAN properties(I was changing the IP to enter another network) when there was a power failure. Naturally my laptop got switched off while the system was registering the new IP.
When as the backup came by, I switched my laptop on again, however this time the network drivers didn't come up. So when I checked in 'Manage network connections', it did not show any connection(Local Area Network , Wireless Network). I checked the network drivers in system properties and it said "Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (Code 31)" All my physical and virtual network devices were showing the same exclamation mark.
I tried Recovery Manager to reinstall the network card driver but it didn't solve the problem, Then I tried to manually remove(uninstall) the driver using system properties but it didnt work either and the driver couldn't be removed.Someone suggested me to update the driver but the other driver also couldn't be loaded due to the same error.

I am sure my LAN card is all perfect as everything was alright before the power failure .Besides my live linux can use the same card to access the net. I am using the Generic Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller , file version : 9.16.2.3

Please help !!!
GTS

Re: My nvidia nforce networking controller driver can't load
Have you tried using System Restore?
--

"aakshayb" <aakshayb.3dcww8@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Hey people
> I am having a similar problem
> I am working on a windows Vista home premium laptop from hp DV 2000
> (2519).
> I usually work on my laptop without the battery and hence
> it was running on ac power. Well it so happened that I was working on
> my LAN properties(I was changing the IP to enter another network) when
> there was a power failure. Naturally my laptop got switched off while
> the system was registering the new IP.
> When as the backup came by, I switched my laptop
> on again, however this time the network drivers didn't come up. So when
> I checked in 'Manage network connections', it did not show any
> connection(Local Area Network , Wireless Network). I checked the network
> drivers in system properties and it said "Windows cannot load the
> drivers required for this device (Code 31)" All my physical and virtual
> network devices were showing the same exclamation mark.
> I tried Recovery Manager to reinstall the network card
> driver but it didn't solve the problem, Then I tried to manually
> remove(uninstall) the driver using system properties but it didnt work
> either and the driver couldn't be removed.Someone suggested me to update
> the driver but the other driver also couldn't be loaded due to the same
> error.
>
> I am sure my LAN card is all
> perfect as everything was alright before the power failure .Besides my
> live linux can use the same card to access the net. I am using the
> Generic Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller , file
> version : 9.16.2.3
>
> Please help !!!
>

> --
> aakshayb

cabal5935

Re: My nvidia nforce networking controller driver can't load

Hi Guys,

After much panicing I have solved this issue!
When you install drivers and you have 2 networking controllers listed
but not starting. Remove them and the driver, doing this on one should
kill the other.
When done, right click on top of tree and get it to search for new
devices.
Once done, go to the windows update section and ask it to check for
updates..... ignore whatever the driver wizard might be doing.
On my PC, it found a NVIDIA Networking controller driver update which I
downloaded and installed. Then rebooted the machine and TADA, my
networking controllers are working! YAY!

Hopefully this will help people out. Send me a PM if you don't
understand how I did it.

JP

--
cabal5935
cabal5935's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/cabal5935.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

queen b

"cabal5935" wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> After much panicing I have solved this issue!
> When you install drivers and you have 2 networking controllers listed
> but not starting. Remove them and the driver, doing this on one should
> kill the other.
> When done, right click on top of tree and get it to search for new
> devices.
> Once done, go to the windows update section and ask it to check for
> updates..... ignore whatever the driver wizard might be doing.
> On my PC, it found a NVIDIA Networking controller driver update which I
> downloaded and installed. Then rebooted the machine and TADA, my
> networking controllers are working! YAY!
>
> Hopefully this will help people out. Send me a PM if you don't
> understand how I did it.
>
> JP
>

> --
> cabal5935
> cabal5935's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/cabal5935.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...ces/889439.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

ardwyn75

Re: My nvidia nforce networking controller driver can't load

Hi how do i do this as i've got the same problem

--
ardwyn75
ardwyn75's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/ardwyn75.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...ces/889439.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Randall Flagg

Re: My nvidia nforce networking controller driver can't load
On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 02:00:20 +0530, ardwyn75
<ardwyn75.3ntoba@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>Hi how do i do this as i've got the same problem

The same way the other person(s) did it.
ardwyn75

Re: My nvidia nforce networking controller driver can't load

which is i know its the way others did it but did what
from where do you remove the controllers