iTunes says my blank CD is not blank

shypurplepanda

iTunes says my blank CD is not blank
I've been trying to burn an audio CD on my computer (i've only had this
computer for a few months and this is the first time I've tried burning any
kind of disc), and when I put the CD in and hit burn it says that my cd is
not blank, I tried a handful of blank cds and it spit them all back out at me
saying it's not blank. Just to make sure, I opened my computer and looked at
the disc there and it WAS blank, so I don't know what to do.
f/fgeorge

Re: iTunes says my blank CD is not blank
On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:15:18 -0800, shypurplepanda
<ilovelucy345@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've been trying to burn an audio CD on my computer (i've only had this
>computer for a few months and this is the first time I've tried burning any
>kind of disc), and when I put the CD in and hit burn it says that my cd is
>not blank, I tried a handful of blank cds and it spit them all back out at me
>saying it's not blank. Just to make sure, I opened my computer and looked at
>the disc there and it WAS blank, so I don't know what to do.

Go to the store and buy a small amount of brand new disks. If they do
the same thing you have a problem, otherwise you could have disks that
in fact have been used before.
shypurplepanda

Re: iTunes says my blank CD is not blank
These ARE blank disks though, there's nothing on them and I know I've never
used them

"f/fgeorge" wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:15:18 -0800, shypurplepanda
> <ilovelucy345@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I've been trying to burn an audio CD on my computer (i've only had this
> >computer for a few months and this is the first time I've tried burning any
> >kind of disc), and when I put the CD in and hit burn it says that my cd is
> >not blank, I tried a handful of blank cds and it spit them all back out at me
> >saying it's not blank. Just to make sure, I opened my computer and looked at
> >the disc there and it WAS blank, so I don't know what to do.

> Go to the store and buy a small amount of brand new disks. If they do
> the same thing you have a problem, otherwise you could have disks that
> in fact have been used before.

f/fgeorge

Re: iTunes says my blank CD is not blank
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 03:18:01 -0800, shypurplepanda
<ilovelucy345@hotmail.com> wrote:

>These ARE blank disks though, there's nothing on them and I know I've never
>used them

But maybe someone else did and didn't tell you. That is why you should
just buy a couple new ones and try them, just to be sure. Sometimes
the easiest answer really is the right one. If you weren't the only
person having this problem it would be all over the net, but it isn't.
Go the easy route and buy a could brand new disks and give them a try.

>"f/fgeorge" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:15:18 -0800, shypurplepanda
>> <ilovelucy345@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I've been trying to burn an audio CD on my computer (i've only had this
>> >computer for a few months and this is the first time I've tried burning any
>> >kind of disc), and when I put the CD in and hit burn it says that my cd is
>> >not blank, I tried a handful of blank cds and it spit them all back out at me
>> >saying it's not blank. Just to make sure, I opened my computer and looked at
>> >the disc there and it WAS blank, so I don't know what to do.

>> Go to the store and buy a small amount of brand new disks. If they do
>> the same thing you have a problem, otherwise you could have disks that
>> in fact have been used before.

nt2008

Re: iTunes says my blank CD is not blank

Actually I'm having this problem as well. Fresh cd's straight out the
pack. Definitely not used. It's very frustrating!

--
nt2008