Nvidia SLI Driver.

RonK

Nvidia SLI Driver.
Nvidia has released a Beta driver for Vista 64 bit.
You can successfully enable SLI.
It works but I get artifacting ocassinally.
Post back if you get the same results.

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_do...etadriver.html
=?Utf-8?B?c2hhdW5wcGw=?=

RE: Nvidia SLI Driver.
Well i cannot get the drivers to work using 2 8800GTS cards, i have the
warning triangle giving an error : Not enough resources This device cannot
find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

I have emailed Giga-Byte and they its a driver issue, i have emailed NVIDIA
and they say nothing, so i am asking microsft and as i am an on OEM software
i cannot get support without having to pay for it?? all i want to know is
this a motherboard Bios problem (K8N-SLi RH F9) latest Bios installed, A
Driver problem from Nvidia or a Microsoft Problem with software, no-one want
to admit who is actually at fault, the cards both work in XP and XP64
editions but not Vista64 Ultimate.

Regards

Shaun Richards

"RonK" wrote:

> Nvidia has released a Beta driver for Vista 64 bit.
> You can successfully enable SLI.
> It works but I get artifacting ocassinally.
> Post back if you get the same results.
>
> http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_do...etadriver.html

Marco

Re: Nvidia SLI Driver.
On 3 Mrz., 16:24, shaunppl <shaunppl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Well i cannot get the drivers to work using 2 8800GTS cards, i have the
> warning triangle giving an error : Not enough resources This device cannot
> find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
>
> I have emailed Giga-Byte and they its a driver issue, i have emailed NVIDIA
> and they say nothing, so i am asking microsft and as i am an on OEM software
> i cannot get support without having to pay for it?? all i want to know is
> this a motherboard Bios problem (K8N-SLi RH F9) latest Bios installed, A
> Driver problem from Nvidia or a Microsoft Problem with software, no-one want
> to admit who is actually at fault, the cards both work in XP and XP64
> editions but not Vista64 Ultimate.
>
> Regards
>
> Shaun Richards
>

> "RonK" wrote:
> > Nvidia has released a Beta driver for Vista 64 bit.
> > You can successfully enable SLI.
> > It works but I get artifacting ocassinally.
> > Post back if you get the same results.

> >http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_do...tadriver.html- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

i got the same problem.. with 2 7800 gtx!

HELP

Martin Stein

Re: Nvidia SLI Driver. Problems with not enough resources on 8800 GTS card. Code 12.
Yesterday I installed my new 640MB nvidia 8800GTS (both on XP and Vista
Ultimate). The drivers took forever to install, and upon rebooting the safe
VGA driver is used. Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver ensued until I
looked into the event log and found the code 12 message mentioned below.
I solved the problem by removing a PCI IDE card that I used to attach a
second IDE hard drive. The hard drive is now a slave drive on the main IDE
controller. Anyhow this seems to have cleared up PCI resources. Maybe the
8800 uses a lot more DMA or I/O adresses than my old 7800GT. Since it
happened in XP as well as in Vista it does not seem to be a Vista-specific
problem.

Before removing the card I tried to swap cards (the modem and the IDE
controller) and then the system had problems booting. Removing the IDE
controller helped. Sigh.

"Marco" <derbaron@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1173532182.795707.241520@h3g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
> On 3 Mrz., 16:24, shaunppl <shaunppl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Well i cannot get the drivers to work using 2 8800GTS cards, i have the
>> warning triangle giving an error : Not enough resources This device
>> cannot
>> find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

> i got the same problem.. with 2 7800 gtx!

The Traveler

Re: Nvidia SLI Driver.
On 10 Mar 2007 05:09:42 -0800, "Marco" <derbaron@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 3 Mrz., 16:24, shaunppl <shaunppl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Well i cannot get the drivers to work using 2 8800GTS cards, i have the
>> warning triangle giving an error : Not enough resources This device cannot
>> find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
>>
>> I have emailed Giga-Byte and they its a driver issue, i have emailed NVIDIA
>> and they say nothing, so i am asking microsft and as i am an on OEM software
>> i cannot get support without having to pay for it?? all i want to know is
>> this a motherboard Bios problem (K8N-SLi RH F9) latest Bios installed, A
>> Driver problem from Nvidia or a Microsoft Problem with software, no-one want
>> to admit who is actually at fault, the cards both work in XP and XP64
>> editions but not Vista64 Ultimate.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Shaun Richards
>>

>> "RonK" wrote:
>> > Nvidia has released a Beta driver for Vista 64 bit.
>> > You can successfully enable SLI.
>> > It works but I get artifacting ocassinally.
>> > Post back if you get the same results.

>> >http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_do...tadriver.html- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

>> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

>i got the same problem.. with 2 7800 gtx!
>
>HELP

NVIDIA released new beta drivers that are supposed to resolve this.
However, on NVIDIA's forums, this does not seem to be the case.

I suggest that you follow the threads here:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?

I have two BFG 7950 GT OC cards on a Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5 motherboard
running in Windows Vista Business.

The Traveller
Oceanside, California