NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.

Conor

NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.
Version 101.41 just released.

Important fixes a lot of people were getting:

# Brief corruption (flickering, boxes) on screen at Windows Vista
login, CTR-ALT-DEL (Task Manager), or other function that requires
Vista User Account Control
# Playback issues when playing TV/DVD/video in Media Center with Aero
enabled
# Outputting via TV-Out shows only a black and white display
# HDTV output does not keep HDTV resolution after restart
# Adjusting Video Color settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel are not
getting applied.
# Change Flat Panel Scaling page does not correctly work in the NVIDIA
Control Panel.
# Brightness, Contrast and Gamma values remain the same in Adjust
Desktop Color settings once closing and opening the NVIDIA Control
Panel.
# Corruption on DVI monitor while going to hibernation from standby

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
=?Utf-8?B?bWlraw==?=

RE: NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_101.41.html
Richard Urban

Re: NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.
Please note that this is a "beta" driver, and that you *may* get undesirable
results, or even break your system.

If you are not prepared to redo your system, either from a saved image or by
doing a fresh install, beware of beta software - from anyone.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban MVP
Microsoft Windows Shell/User

"mikk" <mikk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_101.41.html

BoXy

Re: NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.
SLI finally works on my 7950 GX2 now :-)

BoXy

Mark Maylon

Re: NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.
Installed them and ran some benchmark tests on aquamark3d and see no
performance increase out if 7900GS. No problems from the driver.
"Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.20538e44ab5b827798a096@news.karoo.co.uk.. .
> Version 101.41 just released.
>
> Important fixes a lot of people were getting:
>
> # Brief corruption (flickering, boxes) on screen at Windows Vista
> login, CTR-ALT-DEL (Task Manager), or other function that requires
> Vista User Account Control
> # Playback issues when playing TV/DVD/video in Media Center with Aero
> enabled
> # Outputting via TV-Out shows only a black and white display
> # HDTV output does not keep HDTV resolution after restart
> # Adjusting Video Color settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel are not
> getting applied.
> # Change Flat Panel Scaling page does not correctly work in the NVIDIA
> Control Panel.
> # Brightness, Contrast and Gamma values remain the same in Adjust
> Desktop Color settings once closing and opening the NVIDIA Control
> Panel.
> # Corruption on DVI monitor while going to hibernation from standby
>

> --
> Conor
>
> Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
> until you hear them speak.........

Arne-Kolja Bachstein

Re: NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.
Installed it especially because there is announced in the changelog that
widescreen scaling should be fixed now. But unfortunately it doesn't seem so
here. Before this driver I could change options, but they didn't do
anything. Now with the new one I am not even able to change anything,
because it's grayed out. My lcd screen is recognized with it's correct name,
the native resolution too. But still the feature is just grayed out. Dammit
:-(

Arne
http://www.arnekolja.com

"Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:MPG.20538e44ab5b827798a096@news.karoo.co.uk.. .
> Version 101.41 just released.
>
> Important fixes a lot of people were getting:
>
> # Brief corruption (flickering, boxes) on screen at Windows Vista
> login, CTR-ALT-DEL (Task Manager), or other function that requires
> Vista User Account Control
> # Playback issues when playing TV/DVD/video in Media Center with Aero
> enabled
> # Outputting via TV-Out shows only a black and white display
> # HDTV output does not keep HDTV resolution after restart
> # Adjusting Video Color settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel are not
> getting applied.
> # Change Flat Panel Scaling page does not correctly work in the NVIDIA
> Control Panel.
> # Brightness, Contrast and Gamma values remain the same in Adjust
> Desktop Color settings once closing and opening the NVIDIA Control
> Panel.
> # Corruption on DVI monitor while going to hibernation from standby
>

> --
> Conor
>
> Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
> until you hear them speak.........

newsgroupposter

Re: NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.
Hi there,

I saw those drivers and i was wondering if the Forceware driver is supposed
to be the complete driver ? or is that an add on driver??

thanks

"BoXy" <admin@hull4x4.com> wrote in message
> SLI finally works on my 7950 GX2 now :-)
>
> BoXy

Mick

Re: NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.
mikk wrote:

> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_101.41.html

I have a GeForce fx5500 - downloaded this driver - worked for me -no
issues to report.

Mick

Conor

Re: NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.
In article <#CPD$OaXHHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Richard Urban
says...
> Please note that this is a "beta" driver, and that you *may* get undesirable
> results, or even break your system.

All nVidia Vista drivers have been BETA.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
newsgroupposter

Re: NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.
Hi,

I just tried to install the driver as my vga card is on the list of
supported hardware,but the setup did not complete as i received a message
the the setup program could not find any drivers that are compatible for the
hardware.Is this the "beta" part,where it doesnt work properly ??? Or what
might not be quite right ? hmmm

thanks
news:MPG.2053b3a2389fbad298a0c0@news.karoo.co.uk.. .