Computer is completely jamming and programs not responding

Denise

Computer is completely jamming and programs not responding
Please please can someone help, I recently bought a new comp, running Windows
Vista Premium on Zoostorm P6N, Intel Core Duo, 32 Bit Op, Sys.
Yesterday I was looking through photo cds, on inserting 2nd cd, everything
froze, I tried cntr, alt, delete, but could not bring up task manager, I
ended up having to shut computer down manually by button. On resuming
everything seems to keep jamming. Any program I go into, I get program not
responding message. I can't access task manager at all, and each time
computer jams, i have to switch off by button on tower. I can't access any
program without jamming. I have done a system restore (which took half an
hour to complete), it was successful, but problem still persists. I also got
a blue storp error screen, and computer again froze. Can someone please
guide me as to what is happening.
Many kind thanks in advance
Denise
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Computer is completely jamming and programs not responding
You say that this is a new computer. Have you checked with the
manufacturer's support desk?

"Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please please can someone help, I recently bought a new comp, running
> Windows
> Vista Premium on Zoostorm P6N, Intel Core Duo, 32 Bit Op, Sys.
> Yesterday I was looking through photo cds, on inserting 2nd cd, everything
> froze, I tried cntr, alt, delete, but could not bring up task manager, I
> ended up having to shut computer down manually by button. On resuming
> everything seems to keep jamming. Any program I go into, I get program
> not
> responding message. I can't access task manager at all, and each time
> computer jams, i have to switch off by button on tower. I can't access
> any
> program without jamming. I have done a system restore (which took half an
> hour to complete), it was successful, but problem still persists. I also
> got
> a blue storp error screen, and computer again froze. Can someone please
> guide me as to what is happening.
> Many kind thanks in advance
> Denise

Denise

Re: Computer is completely jamming and programs not responding
Well I only purchased it in August so still regard it as new, they only offer
support for the first 90 days of activation, so I have to pay for any support
I request.
I was basically hoping it would be some relatively common problem that would
be easily fixed ,
hopefully someone out there can shed some light
Once again many thanks in advance
Denise

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> You say that this is a new computer. Have you checked with the
> manufacturer's support desk?
>
> "Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please please can someone help, I recently bought a new comp, running
> > Windows
> > Vista Premium on Zoostorm P6N, Intel Core Duo, 32 Bit Op, Sys.
> > Yesterday I was looking through photo cds, on inserting 2nd cd, everything
> > froze, I tried cntr, alt, delete, but could not bring up task manager, I
> > ended up having to shut computer down manually by button. On resuming
> > everything seems to keep jamming. Any program I go into, I get program
> > not
> > responding message. I can't access task manager at all, and each time
> > computer jams, i have to switch off by button on tower. I can't access
> > any
> > program without jamming. I have done a system restore (which took half an
> > hour to complete), it was successful, but problem still persists. I also
> > got
> > a blue storp error screen, and computer again froze. Can someone please
> > guide me as to what is happening.
> > Many kind thanks in advance
> > Denise

Denise

Re: Computer is completely jamming and programs not responding
ps, i've run all my virus and spyware programs and there is no problem there,
I've obviously jammed something which is causing this seriously depressing
behaviour. I don't understand why I cant cntr alt delete, this function
seems to have been completely removed.

"Denise" wrote:

> Well I only purchased it in August so still regard it as new, they only offer
> support for the first 90 days of activation, so I have to pay for any support
> I request.
> I was basically hoping it would be some relatively common problem that would
> be easily fixed ,
> hopefully someone out there can shed some light
> Once again many thanks in advance
> Denise
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
> > You say that this is a new computer. Have you checked with the
> > manufacturer's support desk?
> >
> > "Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Please please can someone help, I recently bought a new comp, running
> > > Windows
> > > Vista Premium on Zoostorm P6N, Intel Core Duo, 32 Bit Op, Sys.
> > > Yesterday I was looking through photo cds, on inserting 2nd cd, everything
> > > froze, I tried cntr, alt, delete, but could not bring up task manager, I
> > > ended up having to shut computer down manually by button. On resuming
> > > everything seems to keep jamming. Any program I go into, I get program
> > > not
> > > responding message. I can't access task manager at all, and each time
> > > computer jams, i have to switch off by button on tower. I can't access
> > > any
> > > program without jamming. I have done a system restore (which took half an
> > > hour to complete), it was successful, but problem still persists. I also
> > > got
> > > a blue storp error screen, and computer again froze. Can someone please
> > > guide me as to what is happening.
> > > Many kind thanks in advance
> > > Denise

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Computer is completely jamming and programs not responding
I would restore to a point before this first showed up. You will not lose
any data files. Use the Vista dvd for this. System Restore is now an
option in the Repair Tools when you boot with the dvd. You can now use
System Restore even if the system is not functioning well enough to do it
from the desktop.

> ps, i've run all my virus and spyware programs and there is no problem
> there,
> I've obviously jammed something which is causing this seriously depressing
> behaviour. I don't understand why I cant cntr alt delete, this function
> seems to have been completely removed.
>

> "Denise" wrote:
>
>> Well I only purchased it in August so still regard it as new, they only
>> offer
>> support for the first 90 days of activation, so I have to pay for any
>> support
>> I request.
>> I was basically hoping it would be some relatively common problem that
>> would
>> be easily fixed ,
>> hopefully someone out there can shed some light
>> Once again many thanks in advance
>> Denise
>>

>> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>>
>> > You say that this is a new computer. Have you checked with the
>> > manufacturer's support desk?

Denise

Re: Computer is completely jamming and programs not responding

Hi Colin, I did do a restore to a point before this problem occured, the
system restore was successful even though it took longer than uaual, but the
problem persists. As for doing it from disk, my computer came preinstalled
with vista, so I have to do the restore via my control panel.
One thing to point out, is that once i managed to get on this forum no
problems occured, I even managed to get on Pogo gamesite without problems.
It seems to be when I start up, I can't access i.e, msn messenger, my system
tools, my media player etc etc
geez i wish i had stuck in at school more and become more computer literate,
i'm stumped, more depressed the fact after spending £1500 on a comp to
function well for a few months.
"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> I would restore to a point before this first showed up. You will not lose
> any data files. Use the Vista dvd for this. System Restore is now an
> option in the Repair Tools when you boot with the dvd. You can now use
> System Restore even if the system is not functioning well enough to do it
> from the desktop.
>
> "Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ps, i've run all my virus and spyware programs and there is no problem
> > there,
> > I've obviously jammed something which is causing this seriously depressing
> > behaviour. I don't understand why I cant cntr alt delete, this function
> > seems to have been completely removed.
> >

> > "Denise" wrote:
> >
> >> Well I only purchased it in August so still regard it as new, they only
> >> offer
> >> support for the first 90 days of activation, so I have to pay for any
> >> support
> >> I request.
> >> I was basically hoping it would be some relatively common problem that
> >> would
> >> be easily fixed ,
> >> hopefully someone out there can shed some light
> >> Once again many thanks in advance

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Computer is completely jamming and programs not responding
I don't know what repair tools the vendor put on the hard drive. You don't
want to restore the system to factory condition unless you save all your
files someplace first but what you want to do is the equivalent of a repair
install in XP. It is called an "in-place upgrade" in Vista. Essentially,
any edition of Windows is always upgradeable to itself. It is much easier
to do in Vista than XP. Is there such a tool provided by the vendor?

If not, can you still buy a dvd from the manufacturer? That is often an
option at the time you buy the computer. As a matter of fact, any Vista
32-bit dvd will do the job. You will provide the product key the vender
affixed to the bottom of your laptop and you will have to reactivate
afterwards but it will eliminate any issues due to the OS.