Missing entry: RunDLLEntry

Wiggins

Missing entry: RunDLLEntry
Everytime Windows Vista Home Premium starts up I receive this error message:
"Error in C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LXCFtim e.dll
Missing entry: RunDLLEntry"
Can anyone please help me with this?
Email me at: charliewiggins@gmail.com
Thanks.
sizkar9

RE: Missing entry: RunDLLEntry
i got exactly the same problem! had the computer for 2 weeks and it appeared
after 1st week!!! also windows vista is NOT compatible with i-tunes so my
i-pod which was working fine on xp now crashes my pc every time i import
songs!! have since been told that vista will be fine in 3 years time and i
should get rid of it and go back to xp!! great - a computer thats 2 weeks old
and doesn't do the one thing i bought it for!!! wot a joke!!!

"Wiggins" wrote:

> Everytime Windows Vista Home Premium starts up I receive this error message:
> "Error in C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LXCFtim e.dll
> Missing entry: RunDLLEntry"
> Can anyone please help me with this?
> Email me at: charliewiggins@gmail.com
> Thanks.

gregrocker

Re: Missing entry: RunDLLEntry

For those of you who come across this result when Googling this error
code, I have found the solution after several reinstalls of the Lexmark
printer software. The problem is with this software's behavior at START
UP, which should be the clue to find exactly where it is being started
up. As I keep my Start-Up list edited very tightly in Windows
Defender>Options>Software Explorer>Startup Items, allowing only the
Microsoft entries, I had to look in those and found the very DLL entry
it was referring to. Simply highlight each entry in succesion and read
the full description in the righthand reading pane, until you find this
rundll, then Remove it and the error code will not repeat. No effect
will be seen on your Lexmark because it is simply keeping its software
from starting up with the computer (an unnecessary resource hog) and has
nothing to do with the software starting when you actually want to
print.

You cannot replicate this in Run>MsConfig>Start-up because the MS dll's
are not detailed there for editing. As always, the best interface and
control panel for your start-up items is Windows Defender's Software
Explorer so you should install it if only for that, tho its Real Time
protection also has zero footprint and functions fully in the background
until you try to download a threat.

--
gregrocker
Melissa

RE: Missing entry: RunDLLEntry
This was the best advice in dealing with this issue!! Thanks for helping me
get rid of that error message, and for also helping me get my startup to be a
lot faster, using the Windows Defender. THANKS!!!!

austinHACKhall

Re: Missing entry: RunDLLEntry

DUde thanks so much.I was hellu pissed because I bought my PC a few
days ago.

--
austinHACKhall
donmarvin

Re: Missing entry: RunDLLEntry

Thanks, gregrocker!

--
donmarvin
Janine

Re: Missing entry: RunDLLEntry

Hi, I was following Gregrockers advice but being a bit of a novice got
as far as services but could not find lexmark in the list.
Any advice please?
Thanks

--
Janine

alandsuse is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Missing entry: RunDLLEntry
I too have followed the advice, I have found the offending programme, however, Windows Defender will not allow me to disable it.

Any ideas?
kaderimnrd

Re: Missing entry: RunDLLEntry

Thanks, gregrocker!

--
kaderimnrd

alandsuse is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Missing entry: RunDLLEntry
Gregrockers advice seems to have worked for a few of you, but I have followed it through, found the offending file , but windows defender will not let me disable it............. any ideas anyone!?!??!?