ipod doesn't sync with Vista, but does with XP

Stewgull

ipod doesn't sync with Vista, but does with XP
I am using a Medion laptop, model MIM 2210, with Vista Home Basic. I have
installed the latest version of iTunes, version 7.5

When I connect my iPod to my computer, it brings up a message in iTunes
saying, "iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted. You may
need to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also try
disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod."

I have tried both of these solutions several times, and keep getting the
same message. I called Apple and they told me to try it on a different
computer, so I tried it on my work laptop, which has XP and it syncs with the
iPod without a problem.

I have seen on the Vista blog about a problem involving ejecting the device
corrupting the iPod, but I do not have that issue.

Can somebody please tell me what I need to do?

Many thanks,
--
Stewgull
Neerav

Re: ipod doesn't sync with Vista, but does with XP
try reseting ur ipod

Neerav

"Stewgull" <Stewgull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a Medion laptop, model MIM 2210, with Vista Home Basic. I have
> installed the latest version of iTunes, version 7.5
>
> When I connect my iPod to my computer, it brings up a message in iTunes
> saying, "iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted. You may
> need to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also
> try
> disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod."
>
> I have tried both of these solutions several times, and keep getting the
> same message. I called Apple and they told me to try it on a different
> computer, so I tried it on my work laptop, which has XP and it syncs with
> the
> iPod without a problem.
>
> I have seen on the Vista blog about a problem involving ejecting the
> device
> corrupting the iPod, but I do not have that issue.
>
> Can somebody please tell me what I need to do?
>
> Many thanks,
> --
> Stewgull

Stewgull

Re: ipod doesn't sync with Vista, but does with XP
That was the first thing I did, many moons ago. Must have done it about a
million times since I first started trying. Nothing wrong with the iPod
because as I say, it works on my other work computer. Any others suggestions?
--
Stewgull

"Neerav" wrote:

> try reseting ur ipod
>
> Neerav
>
> "Stewgull" <Stewgull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using a Medion laptop, model MIM 2210, with Vista Home Basic. I have
> > installed the latest version of iTunes, version 7.5
> >
> > When I connect my iPod to my computer, it brings up a message in iTunes
> > saying, "iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted. You may
> > need to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also
> > try
> > disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod."
> >
> > I have tried both of these solutions several times, and keep getting the
> > same message. I called Apple and they told me to try it on a different
> > computer, so I tried it on my work laptop, which has XP and it syncs with
> > the
> > iPod without a problem.
> >
> > I have seen on the Vista blog about a problem involving ejecting the
> > device
> > corrupting the iPod, but I do not have that issue.
> >
> > Can somebody please tell me what I need to do?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > --
> > Stewgull

f/fgeorge

Re: ipod doesn't sync with Vista, but does with XP
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 05:36:02 -0800, Stewgull
<Stewgull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>That was the first thing I did, many moons ago. Must have done it about a
>million times since I first started trying. Nothing wrong with the iPod
>because as I say, it works on my other work computer. Any others suggestions?

MS sells the Zune not the IPOD. The IPOD is a competitor don't expect
MS to rush to make it work! That being said the complaints are growing
and MS is "working on it". Kind of like "the check is in the mail".
Stewgull

Re: ipod doesn't sync with Vista, but does with XP
I've never heard of a Zune - that says it all. So basically what you're
saying is, don't hold any hope of my iPod ever working on my computer.
--
Stewgull

"f/fgeorge" wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 05:36:02 -0800, Stewgull
> <Stewgull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >That was the first thing I did, many moons ago. Must have done it about a
> >million times since I first started trying. Nothing wrong with the iPod
> >because as I say, it works on my other work computer. Any others suggestions?

> MS sells the Zune not the IPOD. The IPOD is a competitor don't expect
> MS to rush to make it work! That being said the complaints are growing
> and MS is "working on it". Kind of like "the check is in the mail".

Dave

Re: ipod doesn't sync with Vista, but does with XP
My iPod 2 GB nano worked just fine with Vista.... until my son took it back
to college with him....

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

> I've never heard of a Zune - that says it all. So basically what you're
> saying is, don't hold any hope of my iPod ever working on my computer.
> --
> Stewgull
>

> "f/fgeorge" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 05:36:02 -0800, Stewgull
>> <Stewgull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >That was the first thing I did, many moons ago. Must have done it about
>> >million times since I first started trying. Nothing wrong with the iPod
>> >because as I say, it works on my other work computer. Any others
>> >suggestions?

>> MS sells the Zune not the IPOD. The IPOD is a competitor don't expect
>> MS to rush to make it work! That being said the complaints are growing
>> and MS is "working on it". Kind of like "the check is in the mail".

Stewgull

Re: ipod doesn't sync with Vista, but does with XP
Well I have an 80GB iPod Classic. Maybe this is too advanced for Vista Home
Basic. Would anybody recommend that I install the next version of Vista Home,
the Premium package, and see whether that works?

Any constructive suggestions would be appreciated. If your iPod works fine,
great, but that doesn't really solve my problem does it!
--
Stewgull

"Dave" wrote:

> My iPod 2 GB nano worked just fine with Vista.... until my son took it back
> to college with him....
>

> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>
> "Stewgull" <Stewgull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've never heard of a Zune - that says it all. So basically what you're
> > saying is, don't hold any hope of my iPod ever working on my computer.
> > --
> > Stewgull
> >

> > "f/fgeorge" wrote:

> >> MS sells the Zune not the IPOD. The IPOD is a competitor don't expect
> >> MS to rush to make it work! That being said the complaints are growing
> >> and MS is "working on it". Kind of like "the check is in the mail".

bobbymcsteels

Re: ipod doesn't sync with Vista, but does with XP

Before my vista partition screwed up I had so many problems with itunes
and my ipod, either installing itunes or gettin my ipod to work. A way
around it is resize your vista partition and install xp or linux on a
small partition(eg 2 gb), as you will still be able to access your
vista partition and your itunes folder. But watch out as installin xp
after a vista install can screw you vista bootloader/bcd up as I
learned 'here' (http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=887189)
unless done properly.

--
bobbymcsteels
bobbymcsteels's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=37688

http://forums.techarena.in

Stewgull

Re: ipod doesn't sync with Vista, but does with XP
Thanks Bobby. Sounds like a good suggestion, however I have no idea how to do
what you've suggested as I'm a bit fick when it comes to puters. I think I'll
just see if any of my chums has a spare laptop they're willing to sell on the
cheap, if my iPod works on it.
--
Stewgull

"bobbymcsteels" wrote:

> Before my vista partition screwed up I had so many problems with itunes
> and my ipod, either installing itunes or gettin my ipod to work. A way
> around it is resize your vista partition and install xp or linux on a
> small partition(eg 2 gb), as you will still be able to access your
> vista partition and your itunes folder. But watch out as installin xp
> after a vista install can screw you vista bootloader/bcd up as I
> learned 'here' (http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=887189)
> unless done properly.
>

> --
> bobbymcsteels
> bobbymcsteels's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=37688
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=888866
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

bobbymcsteels

Stewgull;3448822 Wrote:
> Thanks Bobby. Sounds like a good suggestion, however I have no idea how
> to do
> what you've suggested as I'm a bit fick when it comes to puters. I
> think I'll
> just see if any of my chums has a spare laptop they're willing to sell
> on the
> cheap, if my iPod works on it.

[/color]
I wouldnt buy another laptop, my way is 100% cheaper:P
I could talk you through it if you want.... or write you a guide.