Vista not letting me install driver for Motorola V3 phone

=?Utf-8?B?bGlseXNlbGE=?=

Vista not letting me install driver for Motorola V3 phone
I have downloaded the Windows Vista driver for my Motorola V3 phone from the
Motorola website, but when I click to install it it comes up with an error
message "This installation package is not supported by this processor type.
Please contact your product vendor."
When I was using my phone with Windows XP it didnt even need me to install a
driver because Windows XP already came with the required drivers.
and yes I have installed Motorola Phone tools so that is not the problem,
the problem is that Windows Vista wont let me install the driver for my
Motorola V3 phone. Does anyone know how I'm going to be able to get past this
problem?
I wish I never installed Windows Vista, I've had driver problems with my
mouse, modem, printer, keyboard, iPod and NOW my phone.
I desperately need some help!
canixs

Re: Vista not letting me install driver for Motorola V3 phone
it meant it 's not compatible with vista, and it's the only incompatible
software out there. Even some Microsoft owned product are not compatible.

"lilysela" <lilysela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have downloaded the Windows Vista driver for my Motorola V3 phone from
>the
> Motorola website, but when I click to install it it comes up with an error
> message "This installation package is not supported by this processor
> type.
> Please contact your product vendor."
> When I was using my phone with Windows XP it didnt even need me to install
> driver because Windows XP already came with the required drivers.
> and yes I have installed Motorola Phone tools so that is not the problem,
> the problem is that Windows Vista wont let me install the driver for my
> Motorola V3 phone. Does anyone know how I'm going to be able to get past
> this
> problem?
> I wish I never installed Windows Vista, I've had driver problems with my
> mouse, modem, printer, keyboard, iPod and NOW my phone.
> I desperately need some help!

mikeyhsd

Re: Vista not letting me install driver for Motorola V3 phone
did you download the proper driver package, 32 versus 64 bit package.
from the error message sounds like you are trying to install the 64 bit driver on a 32 bit system.
"not supported by this processor type"

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com