DVD no longer recognized

=?Utf-8?B?SmF2YSBKb2hu?=

DVD no longer recognized
I installed Vista on my Macbook Pro. My Mat****a DVD worked for a week and
then stopped working. I tryed rolling back the driver, uninstalling the
drivers everything. And nothing. Still not recognized. Is there a driver
out there for Vista Home Premium that will cure this problem. Or is there
anything I can do. Windows still recognizes that I have the Hardware there.
Funny thing is when I boot up into Mac. The drivers work fine.

Please email me at javajohns@yahoo.com

thank you in advance
emanon

Re: DVD no longer recognized

"Java John" <Java John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed Vista on my Macbook Pro. My Mat****a DVD worked for a week and
> then stopped working. I tryed rolling back the driver, uninstalling the
> drivers everything. And nothing. Still not recognized. Is there a
> driver
> out there for Vista Home Premium that will cure this problem. Or is there
> anything I can do. Windows still recognizes that I have the Hardware
> there.
> Funny thing is when I boot up into Mac. The drivers work fine.
>
> Please email me at javajohns@yahoo.com
>
> thank you in advance

Cha-Ching! Hear that cash register ring! Ya gotta buy a new drive that's
Vista approved.

The real question here is why did you go from a perfectly good and working
Mac to even *thinking* of going to Vista? Vista is a money grubbing tool
designed to suck every dollar out of your wallet, first for the upgrade,
then for more memory to run it and finally for more hardware that will work
with Vista. Lots of hardware makers are *not* writing Vista drivers. Why? So
you have to go buy more hardware and drive their sales up.

Cha-Ching! Hear that cash register ring! See how it works?

Conor

Re: DVD no longer recognized
In article <24D183C2-EE47-4660-91AB-D70B0DD64D43@microsoft.com>,
says...
> I installed Vista on my Macbook Pro. My Mat****a DVD worked for a week and
> then stopped working. I tryed rolling back the driver, uninstalling the
> drivers everything. And nothing. Still not recognized. Is there a driver
> out there for Vista Home Premium that will cure this problem. Or is there
> anything I can do. Windows still recognizes that I have the Hardware there.
> Funny thing is when I boot up into Mac. The drivers work fine.
>
> Please email me at javajohns@yahoo.com

Replace the cdrom.sys file - it's got corrupted.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Kerry Brown

Re: DVD no longer recognized
"Java John" <Java John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed Vista on my Macbook Pro. My Mat****a DVD worked for a week and
> then stopped working. I tryed rolling back the driver, uninstalling the
> drivers everything. And nothing. Still not recognized. Is there a
> driver
> out there for Vista Home Premium that will cure this problem. Or is there
> anything I can do. Windows still recognizes that I have the Hardware
> there.
> Funny thing is when I boot up into Mac. The drivers work fine.
>
> Please email me at javajohns@yahoo.com
>
> thank you in advance

What programs and devices did you install between the time it worked and the
time it didn't?

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

=?Utf-8?B?SmF2YSBKb2hu?=

Re: DVD no longer recognized
Great!!!!! That really bites. I have several thousand dollars in software
that I wasn't prepared to lose yet so I thought why not just buy Vista and
runa dual system.... I went Mac. because I am tired of making Bill Gates's
car payment (or one of them). Why would my DVD drive work for a week or so
and then just stop???

Thank you for your response.

John

"emanon" wrote:

> "Java John" <Java John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I installed Vista on my Macbook Pro. My Mat****a DVD worked for a week and
> > then stopped working. I tryed rolling back the driver, uninstalling the
> > drivers everything. And nothing. Still not recognized. Is there a
> > driver
> > out there for Vista Home Premium that will cure this problem. Or is there
> > anything I can do. Windows still recognizes that I have the Hardware
> > there.
> > Funny thing is when I boot up into Mac. The drivers work fine.
> >
> > Please email me at javajohns@yahoo.com
> >
> > thank you in advance

> Cha-Ching! Hear that cash register ring! Ya gotta buy a new drive that's
> Vista approved.
>
> The real question here is why did you go from a perfectly good and working
> Mac to even *thinking* of going to Vista? Vista is a money grubbing tool
> designed to suck every dollar out of your wallet, first for the upgrade,
> then for more memory to run it and finally for more hardware that will work
> with Vista. Lots of hardware makers are *not* writing Vista drivers. Why? So
> you have to go buy more hardware and drive their sales up.
>
> Cha-Ching! Hear that cash register ring! See how it works?

=?Utf-8?B?SmF2YSBKb2hu?=

Re: DVD no longer recognized
I just installed Office 07. My son installed a couple of games and that's
it....

Thanks

John

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> "Java John" <Java John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I installed Vista on my Macbook Pro. My Mat****a DVD worked for a week and
> > then stopped working. I tryed rolling back the driver, uninstalling the
> > drivers everything. And nothing. Still not recognized. Is there a
> > driver
> > out there for Vista Home Premium that will cure this problem. Or is there
> > anything I can do. Windows still recognizes that I have the Hardware
> > there.
> > Funny thing is when I boot up into Mac. The drivers work fine.
> >
> > Please email me at javajohns@yahoo.com
> >
> > thank you in advance

> What programs and devices did you install between the time it worked and the
> time it didn't?
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://www.vistahelp.ca

Kerry Brown

Re: DVD no longer recognized
It has to be something that changed in between when it worked and when it
didn't. Do you have any Roxio software installed? There was a Windows update
that caused some problems with the Sonic DLA driver that is part of Roxio.
There is a fix for that here.

http://docs.roxio.com/patches/d2d3290.exe

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

>I just installed Office 07. My son installed a couple of games and that's
> it....
>
> Thanks
>
> John
>
> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>
>> "Java John" <Java John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I installed Vista on my Macbook Pro. My Mat****a DVD worked for a week
>> >and
>> > then stopped working. I tryed rolling back the driver, uninstalling
>> > the
>> > drivers everything. And nothing. Still not recognized. Is there a
>> > driver
>> > out there for Vista Home Premium that will cure this problem. Or is
>> > there
>> > anything I can do. Windows still recognizes that I have the Hardware
>> > there.
>> > Funny thing is when I boot up into Mac. The drivers work fine.
>> >
>> > Please email me at javajohns@yahoo.com
>> >
>> > thank you in advance

>> What programs and devices did you install between the time it worked and
>> the
>> time it didn't?
>>
>> --
>> Kerry Brown
>> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
>> http://www.vistahelp.ca

=?Utf-8?B?SmF2YSBKb2hu?=

Re: DVD no longer recognized
Hello

I have not installed any Roxio equipment. I tried Windows restore and
nothing. A game was installed and it did run for about a day. I also tried
to reinstall the drivers for Window running on a Mac. (Boot Camp). And still
nothing. Any idea's.

Thanks

John

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> It has to be something that changed in between when it worked and when it
> didn't. Do you have any Roxio software installed? There was a Windows update
> that caused some problems with the Sonic DLA driver that is part of Roxio.
> There is a fix for that here.
>
> http://docs.roxio.com/patches/d2d3290.exe
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>

> "Java John" <JavaJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just installed Office 07. My son installed a couple of games and that's
> > it....
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > John
> >
> > "Kerry Brown" wrote:
> >
> >> "Java John" <Java John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> What programs and devices did you install between the time it worked and
> >> the
> >> time it didn't?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Kerry Brown
> >> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> >> http://www.vistahelp.ca

Kerry Brown

Re: DVD no longer recognized
I don't have any personal experience running Vista on a Mac so all I can do
is guess. Are there any errors in the event logs that may be related? Look
closely at any errors on startup.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

> Hello
>
> I have not installed any Roxio equipment. I tried Windows restore and
> nothing. A game was installed and it did run for about a day. I also
> tried
> to reinstall the drivers for Window running on a Mac. (Boot Camp). And
> still
> nothing. Any idea's.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

=?Utf-8?B?SmF2YSBKb2hu?=

Re: DVD no longer recognized
This is what error messages I get when I start Windows.... Don't know much
about it.

Do you know how to decifer this?????

Thanks

John
Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance
Date: 2/14/2007 7:59:08 AM
Event ID: 203
Task Category: Shutdown Performance Monitoring
Level: Error
This service caused a delay in the system shutdown process:
File Name : LanmanServer
Friendly Name : Server Service DLL
Version : 6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205)
Total Time : 9765ms
Degradation Time : 5765ms
Incident Time (UTC) : 2/14/2007 7:34:46 AM
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance"
Guid="{cfc18ec0-96b1-4eba-961b-622caee05b0a}" />
<EventID>203</EventID>
<Version>1</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>4007</Task>
<Opcode>41</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000010000</Keywords>
<EventRecordID>26</EventRecordID>
<Correlation ActivityID="{00000000-4B7C-0001-32BE-F1034050C701}" />
<Execution ProcessID="1580" ThreadID="1956" />
<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational</Channel>
<Computer>JohnFerguson-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="StartTime">2007-02-14T07:34:46.091Z</Data>
<Data Name="NameLength">13</Data>
<Data Name="Name">LanmanServer</Data>
<Data Name="FriendlyNameLength">19</Data>
<Data Name="FriendlyName">Server Service DLL</Data>
<Data Name="VersionLength">39</Data>
<Data Name="Version">6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205)</Data>
<Data Name="TotalTime">9765</Data>
<Data Name="DegradationTime">5765</Data>
<Data Name="PathLength">31</Data>
<Data Name="Path">C:\Windows\system32\srvsvc.dll</Data>
<Data Name="ProductNameLength">37</Data>
<Data Name="ProductName">Microsoft® Windows® Operating System</Data>
<Data Name="CompanyNameLength">22</Data>
<Data Name="CompanyName">Microsoft Corporation</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>