USB Port will not detect any devices

=?Utf-8?B?QmFuYW5h?=

USB Port will not detect any devices
I was trying to install the driver for my cellphone but my computer freezed.
I had to menually reboot the computer. But after that Window Vista stop
detecting my mouse(usb mouse) and external HDD. Seems like all my 8 USB port
stop working. But I know it's not my computer because I can see my computer
is detecting the external HDD in the Bios. But somehow it doesn't detecting
from the window. Can someone help me with this problem?

Sorry for my poor english.
mikeyhsd

Re: USB Port will not detect any devices
using device manager. and the USB section.
uninstall the USB Root Hubs.
shut down the computer, wait 3-5 minutes.
power it back up and allow it to find and install the usb hubs.
then try the devices again.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"Banana" <Banana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11CA9EA4-E9DE-4E99-A7EE-7293867A6B43@microsoft.com...
I was trying to install the driver for my cellphone but my computer freezed.
I had to menually reboot the computer. But after that Window Vista stop
detecting my mouse(usb mouse) and external HDD. Seems like all my 8 USB port
stop working. But I know it's not my computer because I can see my computer
is detecting the external HDD in the Bios. But somehow it doesn't detecting
from the window. Can someone help me with this problem?

Sorry for my poor english.
=?Utf-8?B?QmFuYW5h?=

Re: USB Port will not detect any devices
I had no luck. Thx anyway

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> using device manager. and the USB section.
> uninstall the USB Root Hubs.
> shut down the computer, wait 3-5 minutes.
> power it back up and allow it to find and install the usb hubs.
> then try the devices again.
>
> mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com
>
> "Banana" <Banana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11CA9EA4-E9DE-4E99-A7EE-7293867A6B43@microsoft.com...
> I was trying to install the driver for my cellphone but my computer freezed.
> I had to menually reboot the computer. But after that Window Vista stop
> detecting my mouse(usb mouse) and external HDD. Seems like all my 8 USB port
> stop working. But I know it's not my computer because I can see my computer
> is detecting the external HDD in the Bios. But somehow it doesn't detecting
> from the window. Can someone help me with this problem?
>
> Sorry for my poor english

seany

Re: USB Port will not detect any devices
Same thing happened to me when I tried to install my (old-ish) canon
powershot drivers....try completely shutting down your PC, unplugging it &
everything else from any usb plug - and then starting up again. Unplugging
it seems to be the key, cuz I think the sleep/hibernation thing is involved,
and, with mine, nothing "'reset" until I unplugged and replugged it back in
again.