New Motherbaord and Videocard

Martin Racette

New Motherbaord and Videocard
Hi,

I change my motherboard from an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe to a Foxconn C51XEM2AA,
so that my Geforce 8800GTS would work

So far I got about half of the problem fix, I can now boot the installation
from the DVD, when it start from the HDD, I get a quick BSOD, and then it
reboot.

I tried to use my old VideoCard, 6600GT, so that I could uninstall the video
drivers, but I get the same thing

I tried to do a Repair, but the installation doesn't seem to be able to fix
it.

I would like to be able to avoid re-installing everything, so any idea ????

--
-----
Thank you in advance

Martin

pete

Re: New Motherbaord and Videocard
Have you done a Repair Installation.........same as in XP when you change a
MOBO that has different drivers you need to do a repair installation to
correct the drivers.
peter
"Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I change my motherboard from an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe to a Foxconn
> C51XEM2AA, so that my Geforce 8800GTS would work
>
> So far I got about half of the problem fix, I can now boot the
> installation from the DVD, when it start from the HDD, I get a quick BSOD,
> and then it reboot.
>
> I tried to use my old VideoCard, 6600GT, so that I could uninstall the
> video drivers, but I get the same thing
>
> I tried to do a Repair, but the installation doesn't seem to be able to
> fix it.
>
> I would like to be able to avoid re-installing everything, so any idea
> ????
>
> --
> -----
> Thank you in advance
> Merci a l'avance
>
> Martin

Martin Racette

Re: New Motherbaord and Videocard
Been there done that

--
-----
Thank you in advance

Martin
"pete" <pete@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Have you done a Repair Installation.........same as in XP when you change
> a MOBO that has different drivers you need to do a repair installation to
> correct the drivers.
> peter
> "Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I change my motherboard from an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe to a Foxconn
>> C51XEM2AA, so that my Geforce 8800GTS would work
>>
>> So far I got about half of the problem fix, I can now boot the
>> installation from the DVD, when it start from the HDD, I get a quick
>> BSOD, and then it reboot.
>>
>> I tried to use my old VideoCard, 6600GT, so that I could uninstall the
>> video drivers, but I get the same thing
>>
>> I tried to do a Repair, but the installation doesn't seem to be able to
>> fix it.
>>
>> I would like to be able to avoid re-installing everything, so any idea
>> ????
>>
>> --
>> -----
>> Thank you in advance