Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Certified for VISTA) -- NO DRIVER AVAILABLE

Vista User

Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Certified for VISTA) -- NO DRIVER AVAILABLE
Greetings,

I've lost the last two sets of laptops (Compaq, Dell), thanks to the
wireless dongle and USB connectors hinging out the back of the system board
(stressing/flexing/cracking the system board when lifting the laptop from a
desk).

On these, my third replacement set of laptops, I decided to forestall the
bad design by using the internal Bluetooth modules. I went out and
purchased three Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 devices to keep my
new laptops from being destroyed by external dongles cracking the system
boards from ordinary use.

Imagine my surprise when I found no device drivers included with the new
Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000, nor *any* drivers available for the
Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000 devices on Windows Update, or available
ANYWHERE on Microsoft Hardware downloads for device drivers.

In trying to configure the new Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000s on
my three new laptops, I am able to connect, pair and use the mice, but in
assigning button controls (scroll wheel click or left thumb buttons), the
available Bluetooth Wireless Mouse driver selections available (which work
on the older dongled Bluetooth mice that I refuse to keep using), the same
selections for button assignment do not work on the new Microsoft Bluetooth
Notebook Mouse 5000s which are in wide distribution, and appear on the Vista
Hardware Compatibility List, as well as the Certified for Vista program.

And yet, my $150 outlay for wireless mice that do not use dongles that
damage essential system components, with the Certified for Vista label on
the package, do not work, because THERE IS NO DRIVER FOR THEM.

How does this happen?

Oh yeah, I forgot. Never mind.

Michael Palumbo

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Certified for VISTA) -- NO DRIVER AVAILABLE

"Vista User" <none@none.com> wrote in message
news262596B-52E7-4568-9185-20233FF77661@microsoft.com...
> Greetings,
>
> I've lost the last two sets of laptops (Compaq, Dell), thanks to the
> wireless dongle and USB connectors hinging out the back of the system
> board (stressing/flexing/cracking the system board when lifting the laptop
> from a desk).
>
> On these, my third replacement set of laptops, I decided to forestall the
> bad design by using the internal Bluetooth modules. I went out and
> purchased three Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 devices to keep my
> new laptops from being destroyed by external dongles cracking the system
> boards from ordinary use.
>
> Imagine my surprise when I found no device drivers included with the new
> Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000, nor *any* drivers available for
> the Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000 devices on Windows Update, or available
> ANYWHERE on Microsoft Hardware downloads for device drivers.
>
> In trying to configure the new Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000s on
> my three new laptops, I am able to connect, pair and use the mice, but in
> assigning button controls (scroll wheel click or left thumb buttons), the
> available Bluetooth Wireless Mouse driver selections available (which work
> on the older dongled Bluetooth mice that I refuse to keep using), the same
> selections for button assignment do not work on the new Microsoft
> Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000s which are in wide distribution, and appear
> on the Vista Hardware Compatibility List, as well as the Certified for
> Vista program.
>
> And yet, my $150 outlay for wireless mice that do not use dongles that
> damage essential system components, with the Certified for Vista label on
> the package, do not work, because THERE IS NO DRIVER FOR THEM.
>
> How does this happen?
>
> Oh yeah, I forgot. Never mind.

Download Intellipoint.

Your mouse won't be listed, but you can find one that has four buttons like
yours and it should work.

I have the Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 and have tried all of the five button
mice settings and they all work just fine.

All mice communicate in basically the same way with the OS, so the settings
for a different MS Mouse will usually work, as long as it has the correct
number of buttons (or more).

You can even try a five button mouse, one of the extra two settings will
work with your "back" button, but for sure the right/left/middle buttons
will work since all mice, even non-MS, communicate those buttons the exact
same way, always.

Mic

Vista User

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Certified for VISTA) -- NO DRIVER AVAILABLE
> Download Intellipoint.

I did that, long before posting.

> Your mouse won't be listed, but you can find one that has four buttons
> like yours and it should work.

I've tried every single mouse listed. Yes, it should work. It doesn't.
And it doesn't on five different Vista Ultimate machines, using either the
internal Bluetooth modules, or external Bluetooth dongles.

> I have the Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 and have tried all of the five button
> mice settings and they all work just fine.

Good for you. Do you have reassigned button functions on your Wireless
Laser Mouse 5000 correctly working? Can you reassign the scroll wheel
button as Back? Are your program-specific button assignments working?
That's what I had posted was the problem. I use those program-specific
settings every time I use my computers.

> All mice communicate in basically the same way with the OS, so the
> settings for a different MS Mouse will usually work, as long as it has the
> correct number of buttons (or more).

My older Bluetooth mouse with a USB dongle works just fine; all buttons
are reassignable, and all settings work as they should. The new Wireless
Laser Mouse 5000 does not, and it's marked "Vista Certified" as well as
being on the Vista Hardware Compatibility List. It consistently fails to
work on (so far) five different computers, each running Vista Ultimate, by
failing to reassign button functions, using either internal Bluetooth
modules or external Bluetooth dongles. The older Bluetooth mice work fine;
the new Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 devices do not.

> You can even try a five button mouse, one of the extra two settings will
> work with your "back" button, but for sure the right/left/middle buttons
> will work since all mice, even non-MS, communicate those buttons the exact
> same way, always.

I have tried every single mouse listed in the Intellipoint driver list.
The older Bluetooth (with dongle) mice work fine; the new Microsoft Wireless

>> Download Intellipoint.

> I did that, long before posting.
>
>> Your mouse won't be listed, but you can find one that has four buttons
>> like yours and it should work.

> I've tried every single mouse listed. Yes, it should work. It
> doesn't. And it doesn't on five different Vista Ultimate machines, using
> either the internal Bluetooth modules, or external Bluetooth dongles.
>
>> I have the Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 and have tried all of the five
>> button mice settings and they all work just fine.

> Good for you. Do you have reassigned button functions on your Wireless
> Laser Mouse 5000 correctly working? Can you reassign the scroll wheel
> button as Back? Are your program-specific button assignments working?
> That's what I had posted was the problem. I use those program-specific
> settings every time I use my computers.
>
>> All mice communicate in basically the same way with the OS, so the
>> settings for a different MS Mouse will usually work, as long as it has
>> the correct number of buttons (or more).

> My older Bluetooth mouse with a USB dongle works just fine; all buttons
> are reassignable, and all settings work as they should. The new Wireless
> Laser Mouse 5000 does not, and it's marked "Vista Certified" as well as
> being on the Vista Hardware Compatibility List. It consistently fails to
> work on (so far) five different computers, each running Vista Ultimate, by
> failing to reassign button functions, using either internal Bluetooth
> modules or external Bluetooth dongles. The older Bluetooth mice work
> fine; the new Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 devices do not.
>
>> You can even try a five button mouse, one of the extra two settings will
>> work with your "back" button, but for sure the right/left/middle buttons
>> will work since all mice, even non-MS, communicate those buttons the
>> exact same way, always.

> I have tried every single mouse listed in the Intellipoint driver list.
> The older Bluetooth (with dongle) mice work fine; the new Microsoft
> Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 devices do not.

I don't know how to help you then, and may I suggest you include all the
steps you've already taken attempting to fix your problems in your original
posts so that someone like me doesn't waste both our time suggesting
something you already tried?

The only suggestion that I can give at this point is to return the mice and
try something else . . . if none of the mice work the way you need them to
on any of your computers, then the only conclusion I can come to is the mice
simply won't do what you want.

And yes, my mouse (mice) work just fine, a can assign the buttons to
different global functions and application specific functions work as
advertised.

Mic

PSU113

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Certified for VISTA) -- NO DRIVER AVAILABLE

On my Vista machine, the answer was found by going to Start >> Help and
Support, then type "bluetooth mouse" in the search box. The fifth
result was "5. Set up a Bluetooth enabled device." Click on this link
and it will walk your thru.

--
PSU113
josh@hidley.com

On Dec 26 2007, 10:01*am, "Vista User" <n...@none.com> wrote:
> > Download Intellipoint.

> * * I did that, long before posting.
>
> > Your mouse won't be listed, but you can find one that has four buttons
> > like yours and it should work.

> * * I've tried every single mouse listed. *Yes, it should work. *It doesn't.
> And it doesn't on five different Vista Ultimate machines, using either the
> internal Bluetooth modules, or external Bluetooth dongles.
>
> > I have the Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 and have tried all of the five button
> > mice settings and they all work just fine.

> * * Good for you. *Do you have reassigned button functions on your Wireless
> Laser Mouse 5000 correctly working? *Can you reassign the scroll wheel
> button as Back? *Are your program-specific button assignments working?
> That's what I had posted was the problem. *I use those program-specific
> settings every time I use my computers.
>
> > All mice communicate in basically the same way with the OS, so the
> > settings for a different MS Mouse will usually work, as long as it has the
> > correct number of buttons (or more).

> * * My older Bluetooth mouse with a USB dongle works just fine; all buttons
> are reassignable, and all settings work as they should. *The new Wireless
> Laser Mouse 5000 does not, and it's marked "Vista Certified" as well as
> being on the Vista Hardware Compatibility List. *It consistently fails to
> work on (so far) five different computers, each running Vista Ultimate, by
> failing to reassign button functions, using either internal Bluetooth
> modules or external Bluetooth dongles. *The older Bluetooth mice work fine;
> the new Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 devices do not.
>
> > You can even try a five button mouse, one of the extra two settings will
> > work with your "back" button, but for sure the right/left/middle buttons
> > will work since all mice, even non-MS, communicate those buttons the exact
> > same way, always.

> * * I have tried every single mouse listed in the Intellipoint driver list.
> The older Bluetooth (with dongle) mice work fine; the new Microsoft Wireless
> Laser Mouse 5000 devices do not.

Vista User, I have the same problem: it connects fine, but I can't
change the button assignments. I've tried connecting using a passkey
(I think the documentation says use 1111) and I've tried connecting
using no passkey with the same result.

When I go into Mouse Properties, and click on the Buttons tab, I get
the following message, "Some mouse settings might not work until you
connect a Microsoft mouse to a USB port on your computer or set up a
Microsoft mouse that uses Bluetooth technology." Do you get that
message?

I'm using my dell latitude's internal bluetooth module. Did you say
that this Notebook 5000 mouse works for you properly when you use a
bluetooth USB dongle, but doesn't work when you use the internal one?
I wonder if MS packed some non-standard stuff in the bluetooth dongles
they sold with their other mice or something.

Josh
techboy

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Certified for VISTA)
Hello guys,
I`m Windows XP user, and use my Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 with
Belkin F8T013 Bluetooth USB Adaptor I have litle reconecting problems with
it, but it`s not a big deal. My big pain is, my mouse is tracking realy
smoothly sometimes. And respondes with lacking. I can`t explain this, why
it`s lacking?

Can anybody hear about this or have similar problem?

PS: I was limited reconecting problem with turn Off USB suspending option
from USB properties. But my lacking is continues.

"josh@hidley.com" wrote:

> [...]

> Vista User, I have the same problem: it connects fine, but I can't
> change the button assignments. I've tried connecting using a passkey
> (I think the documentation says use 1111) and I've tried connecting
> using no passkey with the same result.
>
> When I go into Mouse Properties, and click on the Buttons tab, I get
> the following message, "Some mouse settings might not work until you
> connect a Microsoft mouse to a USB port on your computer or set up a
> Microsoft mouse that uses Bluetooth technology." Do you get that
> message?
>
> I'm using my dell latitude's internal bluetooth module. Did you say
> that this Notebook 5000 mouse works for you properly when you use a
> bluetooth USB dongle, but doesn't work when you use the internal one?
> I wonder if MS packed some non-standard stuff in the bluetooth dongles
> they sold with their other mice or something.

Fearful

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Certified for VISTA) -- NO DRIVER AVAILABLE

VistaGirl

I've afriad this is not the case, the mouse works straight out of the
box without the need to install intellipoint. If you do install
intellipoint is doesn't recognise the mouse and one cannot reassign
buttons etc.

I'd also like to be able to adjust the mouse sensitivity independently
for the trackpad and my laptop and the mouse, which I cannot.

--
Fearful
dt33183

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Certified for VISTA)
I'm sorry that I post my question in here since I can't create new post.

I have been using my mouse for the past 7 months without any problem. During
the last 1 month, after the mouse was turned on for about 10-20 seconds, it
automatically turned off. I changed new battery but the problem is still not
resolved. I can't find any support for my mouse anywhere on microsoft.com. I
want to know how to deal with this. Thanks