Random Crashses

s.lledin

Random Crashses
Hello all.

My problem is that my computer has random crashes, random crashes meaning it
can happen everyday at different times or sometimes just once a week. I've
tried to see if it's a program (itunes, firefox, etc.) maybe causing the
problem but it doesn't seem to be. When it crashes it goes to a blue screen
saying it will restart in [time here] and it's pretty fast but still it's a
problem.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini122407-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a
copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: fc
BCP1: FF0003B4
BCP2: 0A616863
BCP3: A113797C
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: 6855c13a-fcfe-42f0-a43f-3af13b72a1b2

I don't know what else I can tell you so you can understand.

flambe

Re: Random Crashses
Suggestions:
Hardware cause of random crashes commonly include failing power supply,
failing hard drive, defective RAM chip and overheating.
Software causes are legion and include Vista more than other OSes, video
drivers and possibly some piece of malware.
You can test your hard drive and RAM with software. Leave the side of your
computer case open and see if that solves a heating problem.
You can run virus/spy etc checkers.
Update video drivers.
Power supplies are the hardest to check if you are not knowledgeable and
have the right tools.

John S

RE: Random Crashses
Yes, I would say a hardware failure such as RAM would be the first ideal.
Usually if its software related it would crash predictably when you do
something. Try to find a Memory test program and do a test to see if you can
find the bad memory.

"s.lledin" wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> My problem is that my computer has random crashes, random crashes meaning it
> can happen everyday at different times or sometimes just once a week. I've
> tried to see if it's a program (itunes, firefox, etc.) maybe causing the
> problem but it doesn't seem to be. When it crashes it goes to a blue screen
> saying it will restart in [time here] and it's pretty fast but still it's a
> problem.
>

> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
> Mini122407-01.dmp
> sysdata.xml
> Version.txt
>
> View a temporary copy of these files
> Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a
> copy of the files could harm your computer.
>
> Extra information about the problem
> BCCode: fc
> BCP1: FF0003B4
> BCP2: 0A616863
> BCP3: A113797C
> BCP4: 00000002
> OS Version: 6_0_6000
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 768_1
> Server information: 6855c13a-fcfe-42f0-a43f-3af13b72a1b2
>

> I don't know what else I can tell you so you can understand.

Dag Korsnes

Re: Random Crashses
s.lledin wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> My problem is that my computer has random crashes, random crashes meaning it
> can happen everyday at different times or sometimes just once a week. I've
> tried to see if it's a program (itunes, firefox, etc.) maybe causing the
> problem but it doesn't seem to be. When it crashes it goes to a blue screen
> saying it will restart in [time here] and it's pretty fast but still it's a
> problem.
>

> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033

I had the same problem, until Nvidia released a nye driver for my
graphic card a few days ago.