firewire card installation

sclement

firewire card installation
Hi

I have a 3 port firewire card based on the VIA Technologies VT6306 chip.

I inserted into an isa slot and Vista x64 picked it up and installed the
drivers. Unfortunately I am no longer able to boot up my PC, it just hangs on
startup. So i went and removed the card and it all booted up ok.

I'm pretty sure the firewire card is not at fault as I tried a Belkin one
and that did not work either. It was a bit strange really - after inserting
the card and booting up, the new card was detected by the OS, and it started
to install and then the OS just froze. I had to switch off the power and
remove the card to get the system working again.

I tried it in another PCI slot, and the OS did not see it this time, but
strangely my wireless connection (which is through a broadcom based linksys
WMP54G PCI card) dishappeared. Again I had to remove the card to get the
system working properly again.

I wonder if it is some incompatibility with the motherboard which is an
asrock dual sata2 ? Or just Vista being flakey on firewire support

Any help would be appreciated !
sclement

RE: firewire card installation
Problem Sorted

Just had to turn off the overclocking, and the card installed and is stable !!