Archos 605 Wifi Driver problem

Meganj15

Archos 605 Wifi Driver problem
I've got a Archos 605 wifi and i have tried to install it to my laptop
(Vista) but it won't work becuase it can't find the drivers. I have set it
all up correctly on the player but when i plug it in with the USB it says
that it needs to intall the drivers. I click automatically because i haven't
got a CD and there isn't one available. I have tried to do it manually as
well but i can't get it to work. Has anyone got any suggestions?
Mikireg

RE: Archos 605 Wifi Driver problem
The same story with me. No way to connect Archos 605 Wifi to my computer.
Message "a605" couldn't find driver. (Vista Ultimate)
Where I tried connection on XP Pro system it was working in HDD mode, no
driver necessary and easy installed.
If any help would be great !!!

"Meganj15" wrote:

> I've got a Archos 605 wifi and i have tried to install it to my laptop
> (Vista) but it won't work becuase it can't find the drivers. I have set it
> all up correctly on the player but when i plug it in with the USB it says
> that it needs to intall the drivers. I click automatically because i haven't
> got a CD and there isn't one available. I have tried to do it manually as
> well but i can't get it to work. Has anyone got any suggestions?

TomU

RE: Archos 605 Wifi Driver problem
I had this problem on Vista Business, but I discovered that the driver
installation thing wasn't actually looking in the c:\windows\system32 folder
where the drivers are kept, it was only looking on Windows Update. When I
told it to manually search that folder for the drivers, it installed fine...

"Mikireg" wrote:

> The same story with me. No way to connect Archos 605 Wifi to my computer.
> Message "a605" couldn't find driver. (Vista Ultimate)
> Where I tried connection on XP Pro system it was working in HDD mode, no
> driver necessary and easy installed.
> If any help would be great !!!
>

> "Meganj15" wrote:
>
> > I've got a Archos 605 wifi and i have tried to install it to my laptop
> > (Vista) but it won't work becuase it can't find the drivers. I have set it
> > all up correctly on the player but when i plug it in with the USB it says
> > that it needs to intall the drivers. I click automatically because i haven't
> > got a CD and there isn't one available. I have tried to do it manually as
> > well but i can't get it to work. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Mikireg

RE: Archos 605 Wifi Driver problem
It's working now, thanks to you TomU !
:-))

"TomU" wrote:

> I had this problem on Vista Business, but I discovered that the driver
> installation thing wasn't actually looking in the c:\windows\system32 folder
> where the drivers are kept, it was only looking on Windows Update. When I
> told it to manually search that folder for the drivers, it installed fine...
>

> "Mikireg" wrote:
>
> > The same story with me. No way to connect Archos 605 Wifi to my computer.
> > Message "a605" couldn't find driver. (Vista Ultimate)
> > Where I tried connection on XP Pro system it was working in HDD mode, no
> > driver necessary and easy installed.
> > If any help would be great !!!
> >

> > "Meganj15" wrote:
> >
> > > I've got a Archos 605 wifi and i have tried to install it to my laptop
> > > (Vista) but it won't work becuase it can't find the drivers. I have set it
> > > all up correctly on the player but when i plug it in with the USB it says
> > > that it needs to intall the drivers. I click automatically because i haven't
> > > got a CD and there isn't one available. I have tried to do it manually as
> > > well but i can't get it to work. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Mikireg

RE: Archos 605 Wifi Driver problem
And some problems continue to bother me though : I find now the USB PC hard
disk but when I doubleclick it shows : 'Please insert media", and I can't
copy anything to of can not read what's on it.
Very thankfull for help eventually.