Monitor's Speakers

Unabletowhistle

Monitor's Speakers
My sister muted her speakers, which happen to be built onto the monitor,
don't work. In the volume control it says no devices are installed for this
purpose and its not the computer itself because the usb speakers still work
on the computer. Any ideas what to do?
Patrick

Re: Monitor's Speakers
The Monitor should have a driver CD you may have to install it again

--
-
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit

"Unabletowhistle" <Unabletowhistle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:EBA92409-D7BF-4CEE-88E9-3548C4C991AD@microsoft.com...
> My sister muted her speakers, which happen to be built onto the monitor,
> don't work. In the volume control it says no devices are installed for
> this
> purpose and its not the computer itself because the usb speakers still
> work
> on the computer. Any ideas what to do?

JW

Re: Monitor's Speakers
In the sound mixer for the computer itself you can Mute each speaker output
independently and apparently the speakers on the computer's sound card are
muted.

"Patrick" <polson1@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:2NmdnXBZZOotOvLanZ2dnUVZ_hynnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> The Monitor should have a driver CD you may have to install it again
>
> --
> -
> Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
> Intel Core 2 Extream CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz
> 1 Gig X 4 Corsair Dominator DDR2 @1072
> 2x250gig WD SATA 2 (RAID0)
> 2X Asus EAH3870 512 (CROSSFIRE)
> 3DMarks06 score 16198 no OC all stock
>
> "Unabletowhistle" <Unabletowhistle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:EBA92409-D7BF-4CEE-88E9-3548C4C991AD@microsoft.com...
>> My sister muted her speakers, which happen to be built onto the monitor,
>> don't work. In the volume control it says no devices are installed for
>> this
>> purpose and its not the computer itself because the usb speakers still
>> work
>> on the computer. Any ideas what to do?

Unabletowhistle

Re: Monitor's Speakers

no actually your wrong apparently. Nothing is muted. I've tried to reinstall
the monitor's drivers, but not sure if it works.
"JW" wrote:

> In the sound mixer for the computer itself you can Mute each speaker output
> independently and apparently the speakers on the computer's sound card are
> muted.
>
> "Patrick" <polson1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:2NmdnXBZZOotOvLanZ2dnUVZ_hynnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> > The Monitor should have a driver CD you may have to install it again
> >
> > --
> > -
> > Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
> > Intel Core 2 Extream CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz
> > 1 Gig X 4 Corsair Dominator DDR2 @1072
> > 2x250gig WD SATA 2 (RAID0)
> > 2X Asus EAH3870 512 (CROSSFIRE)
> > 3DMarks06 score 16198 no OC all stock
> >
> > "Unabletowhistle" <Unabletowhistle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:EBA92409-D7BF-4CEE-88E9-3548C4C991AD@microsoft.com...
> >> My sister muted her speakers, which happen to be built onto the monitor,
> >> don't work. In the volume control it says no devices are installed for
> >> this
> >> purpose and its not the computer itself because the usb speakers still
> >> work
> >> on the computer. Any ideas what to do?

JW

Re: Monitor's Speakers
I am certainly glad to hear that you normal sound output is not muted or is
not set to zero volume. However the INF file entry for your monitor only
contains the video information for the monitor. There is no monitor driver
that enables the sound. Since the speakers in the monitor behave exactly the
same as if they are separate speakers when you connect the sound output from
your computer to the sound input connection on the monitor.
"Unabletowhistle" <Unabletowhistle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8E1215A3-3CBD-4555-9652-D4AF869F4D3C@microsoft.com...