Screen Resolution

Jesper Lohse

Screen Resolution
I have just installed vista and my LG flatron 1753s monitor can suddently
only show 16/bit low colors in 800x600. It has been working fine with
1024x768 and true colors before. I cant select this in Personalization &
device manager.

Any suggestions
Malke

Re: Screen Resolution
Jesper Lohse wrote:
> I have just installed vista and my LG flatron 1753s monitor can suddently
> only show 16/bit low colors in 800x600. It has been working fine with
> 1024x768 and true colors before. I cant select this in Personalization &
> device manager.

After you installed Vista, did you remember to install all the drivers
for your hardware - including the video card? If not, this is what you
need to do. See below for general drivers information.

The First Law of Driver Updates is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Normally if everything is working you want to leave things as they are.
The exception is that heavy-duty gamers will usually want to update
their video and sound drivers to squeeze every last bit of performance
out of the hardware to get the fastest frame rates. If you're not one of
those people, you don't need to update your drivers if there are no
problems you are trying to solve.

Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:

1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.

To find out what hardware is in your computer:

1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific
model machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers
anyway)
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor or System Information for Windows.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html - Belarc Advisor
http://www.gtopala.com/ - System Information for Windows

Malke
--