king for a Heat Sink for the Maximus Formula Mother Board

JoeP

king for a Heat Sink for the Maximus Formula Mother Board
Hi All,

Looking for a Heat Sink for the Maximus Formula Mother Board. Here is the
link for the MB:
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...&model=1850&mo
delmenu=2

The problem is that there are heat sinks within the CPU socket, so the heat
sink with the fan needs to be elevated. I tried and none worked. I was told
that Zalman CNPS9500A LED should work but I get mixed opinions.
(http://www.ZalmanUSA.com)

Need really to replace the Stock Fan that is making a lot of noise out of
the Core 2 Quad 3GHz CPU.

Appreciate some feedback.

Thanks,

Joe

GTS

Re: king for a Heat Sink for the Maximus Formula Mother Board
And the relevance to Windows Vista is?
--

"JoeP" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Looking for a Heat Sink for the Maximus Formula Mother Board. Here is the
> link for the MB:
> http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...&model=1850&mo
> delmenu=2
>
> The problem is that there are heat sinks within the CPU socket, so the
> heat sink with the fan needs to be elevated. I tried and none worked. I
> was told that Zalman CNPS9500A LED should work but I get mixed opinions.
> (http://www.ZalmanUSA.com)
>
> Need really to replace the Stock Fan that is making a lot of noise out of
> the Core 2 Quad 3GHz CPU.
>
> Appreciate some feedback.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

JoeP

Re: king for a Heat Sink for the Maximus Formula Mother Board
and why would you care?

"GTS" <x@y.net> wrote in message
> And the relevance to Windows Vista is?
> --
>
> "JoeP" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Looking for a Heat Sink for the Maximus Formula Mother Board. Here is the
>> link for the MB:
>> http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...&model=1850&mo
>> delmenu=2
>>
>> The problem is that there are heat sinks within the CPU socket, so the
>> heat sink with the fan needs to be elevated. I tried and none worked. I
>> was told that Zalman CNPS9500A LED should work but I get mixed opinions.
>> (http://www.ZalmanUSA.com)
>>
>> Need really to replace the Stock Fan that is making a lot of noise out of
>> the Core 2 Quad 3GHz CPU.
>>
>> Appreciate some feedback.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Joe

PvdG42

Re: king for a Heat Sink for the Maximus Formula Mother Board
"JoeP" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Looking for a Heat Sink for the Maximus Formula Mother Board. Here is the
> link for the MB:
> http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...&model=1850&mo
> delmenu=2
>
> The problem is that there are heat sinks within the CPU socket, so the
> heat sink with the fan needs to be elevated. I tried and none worked. I
> was told that Zalman CNPS9500A LED should work but I get mixed opinions.
> (http://www.ZalmanUSA.com)
>
> Need really to replace the Stock Fan that is making a lot of noise out of
> the Core 2 Quad 3GHz CPU.
>
> Appreciate some feedback.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

Have you considered asking in an Asus support forum, or contacting Asus and
asking them for a list of HSF's known to fit?

http://support.asus.com/default.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

mathews2010

Re: king for a Heat Sink for the Maximus Formula Mother Board

wow guys chill out...this forum is mainly about vista..but we should
help those with computer related probs too..oh and the link for the MB
doesnt seem to work...so ...

--
mathews2010

- ::Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600)::
- ::216BW Samsung Widescreen
::
- ::Nvidia 8400 GS::
- ::320 GB Seagate HDD::
- ::2 GB G.Skill (DDR 2 800) (PC2-6400)
::
- ::ASUS P5K LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard...::
- ::Vista x64 Service Pack 1
::
JoeP

Re: king for a Heat Sink for the Maximus Formula Mother Board
Here is the link again and sometimes it does not come up 100% a s link and
need to copy the whole link including the broken text into a browser.

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1... %20delmenu=2

Thanks

Patrick