mic mute in vista

rama7788

mic mute in vista

I have bought 2 computers of the same specs. loaded vista on one and XP
on
the other. I am not able to set up my microphone properly on Vista.
Playback
is fine but recording has some problem. From my experience usingXP i
know
that by default the microphone is on mute and using the volume tab and
advance options in XP i can unmute it, but Vista is completely
different.
Vista doesnt have the microphone option in the volume control, it only
has
volume option for different devices (only play back). How do i solve my
problem? I believe the only problem with the microphone is that at
software
level the device volume is muted. Moreover the sound card driver also
does
not show the volume control option in Vista, though it does on XP.
Please help

--
rama7788
Cal Bear '66

Re: mic mute in vista
Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
select Recording Devices. In the Recording window, highlight the Microphone
entry and press the Set Default button, then press the Properties button and on
the Levels tab adjust the microphone recording level.

What is your audio adapter? Does it have a control applet in Control Panel?

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!