How do I restore my trash can on to my desktop? I have vista......

Sherry

How do I restore my trash can on to my desktop? I have vista......
Home premium I guess. I just bought it recently and the trash can got deleted
by accident of the desktop. Siomething that hasn't before happened on the
other versions of windows. I tryed looking in c:windows but can't find it.
Any help will be really appreciate so If one knows how I can fix this please
let me know because I really don't want to have to do pc recovery and loose
everything. Thanks for reading even if you don't know the answer but If you
do and answer Thanks a Million.
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: How do I restore my trash can on to my desktop? I have vista......
Sherry;
Right click somewhere on the Desktop and click Personalize.
On the left side click "change Desktop icons"
Place a check by "Recycle bin"
Click OK.

If it is checked, uncheck, press OK and reboot.
Then go back, place the check and click OK.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Sherry" <Sherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Home premium I guess. I just bought it recently and the trash can
> got deleted
> by accident of the desktop. Siomething that hasn't before happened
> on the
> other versions of windows. I tryed looking in c:windows but can't
> find it.
> Any help will be really appreciate so If one knows how I can fix
> this please
> let me know because I really don't want to have to do pc recovery
> and loose
> everything. Thanks for reading even if you don't know the answer but
> If you
> do and answer Thanks a Million.

Michael Walraven

Re: How do I restore my trash can on to my desktop? I have vista......
Sherry,

Right click blank area on desktop
Personalize
Change Desktop Icons (left pane)
Check Mark the recycle bin

Michael
Vista Home premium

"Sherry" <Sherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Home premium I guess. I just bought it recently and the trash can got
> deleted
> by accident of the desktop. Siomething that hasn't before happened on the
> other versions of windows. I tryed looking in c:windows but can't find it.
> Any help will be really appreciate so If one knows how I can fix this
> please
> let me know because I really don't want to have to do pc recovery and
> loose
> everything. Thanks for reading even if you don't know the answer but If
> you
> do and answer Thanks a Million.

Craig L Davies

"Sherry" wrote:

> Home premium I guess. I just bought it recently and the trash can got deleted
> by accident of the desktop. Siomething that hasn't before happened on the
> other versions of windows. I tryed looking in c:windows but can't find it.
> Any help will be really appreciate so If one knows how I can fix this please
> let me know because I really don't want to have to do pc recovery and loose
> everything. Thanks for reading even if you don't know the answer but If you
> do and answer Thanks a Million.

Craig L Davies

RE: How do I restore my trash can on to my desktop? I have vista......
Ok Sherry,
Click start, then click Computer. On the left you'll see a drop down list...
at the very bottom you will see Recycle Bin. Simply drag it onto the
desktop. Your done.

"Sherry" wrote:

> Home premium I guess. I just bought it recently and the trash can got deleted
> by accident of the desktop. Siomething that hasn't before happened on the
> other versions of windows. I tryed looking in c:windows but can't find it.
> Any help will be really appreciate so If one knows how I can fix this please
> let me know because I really don't want to have to do pc recovery and loose
> everything. Thanks for reading even if you don't know the answer but If you
> do and answer Thanks a Million.

brink

Sherry;550224 Wrote:
> Home premium I guess. I just bought it recently and the trash can got
> deleted
> by accident of the desktop. Siomething that hasn't before happened on
> the
> other versions of windows. I tryed looking in c:windows but can't find
> it.
> Any help will be really appreciate so If one knows how I can fix this
> please
> let me know because I really don't want to have to do pc recovery and
> loose
> everything. Thanks for reading even if you don't know the answer but If
> you
> do and answer Thanks a Million.

Hi Sherry,

This tutorial will show you how to restore the Recycle Bin back to the
desktop. Just select it.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/83...top-icons.html

This tutorial will show you how to fix the Recycle Bin if the icon
stays full even though you emptied it. Sometimes this happens when the
recycle bin gets deleted.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...cycle-bin.html

Shawn

--
brink

VISTA FORUMS X64 (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM/\")
*Please post feedback to help others.*