RE: USB Mass Storage disappeards
Hi Johan Wolff:
Solution when Windows Vista does not recognize a USB device when plugged:
1. Disconnect all USB devices that are working with conflicts (they are
shown in the Device Manager).
2.Restart and see that no Windows popup offers to install drivers, and never
3. Go to start > Computer > Windows > inf > INFCACHE.1, which is the file
causing the trouble and we want to delete it. To do so we need to have
maximum authorization as Administrator Privileges.
4. Right click INFCACHE.1 > Properties > Security tab > Edit the permission.
If you are the Administrator give yourself Full Control (all options with
checks), for you need it to delete and move a Windows Operating System file,
and click Ok.
5. Before deleting the INFCACHE.1 file, copy it to any other place, just in
case. Delete the original Windows INFCACHE.1 inside the inf file. Restart.
6. Start connecting your USB devices one by one, giving Windows Vista enough
time to install the drivers and show the Successfully Installed popup display.
7. Look where you saved the copy of the INFCACHE.1 file and delete it.
"Johan Wolff" wrote:
> i have the following problem. If i connect my mp3 player to my pc its
> detected and installed corretly. Its even shown in Computer and the
> devicemanager. But it disappears after a few seconds for some reason and is
> gone from that point. Ive already tried to fix the driversettings to
> automatic search, checked the usbstor stuff and infcache.1 and so on. If
> somebody has any idea to help me out i would be very pleased.
> So thank you all for your replys in advance :-)