Screen refresh rate configuration

Andrew Pontes

Screen refresh rate configuration
I got a LCD Monitor DVI Asus VW222U. I have installed the correct driver from
ASUS.
I got a problem with a flickering screen. I have tried to adjust the screen
refresh rate, but I am only given two option: 59Hz and 60 Hz.
I tried the monitor menu as well, but no sucess.
The monitor guide advises to adjust the clock rate under the Focus menu, but
there is no such option in the menu.
It follows my setup:
OS: Vista 64bits
Monitor: ASUS VW222U
Screen Resolution: 1680 X 1605
Screen Refresh Rate: 60Hz
Graphic Card: Sapphire X1550

Any help is welcome,
Dwarf

RE: Screen refresh rate configuration
Hi Andrew,

First things first. The native resolution of your monitor is 1680 X 1050, so
if you are actually trying to drive it with the resolution you state in your
post I am surprised that it actually works at all. Secondly, the vertical
refresh rate for this monitor ranges from 56Hz to 75Hz. Check all
connections, in particular the video lead. Also check that the graphics card
is seated in its socket correctly and that all supplementary power
connections are secure (if any). Make sure that your graphics card is not
overclocked but running at factory default settings. If your graphics card
has 2 monitor ports, try using the other one.
Dwarf

"Andrew Pontes" wrote:

> I got a LCD Monitor DVI Asus VW222U. I have installed the correct driver from
> ASUS.
> I got a problem with a flickering screen. I have tried to adjust the screen
> refresh rate, but I am only given two option: 59Hz and 60 Hz.
> I tried the monitor menu as well, but no sucess.
> The monitor guide advises to adjust the clock rate under the Focus menu, but
> there is no such option in the menu.
> It follows my setup:
> OS: Vista 64bits
> Monitor: ASUS VW222U
> Screen Resolution: 1680 X 1605
> Screen Refresh Rate: 60Hz
> Graphic Card: Sapphire X1550
>

> Any help is welcome,

Andrew Pontes

RE: Screen refresh rate configuration
Hi Dwarf,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I mistyped the resolution rate, it is set to
the native resolution 1680 X 1050.
The graphic card was installed by the computer seller, so I have not touch it.
I am not home now, but I am pretty sure the graphic card should have two
ports, one for DVI (I am using that) and Analogic.
There is a details that I'm not sure if has something to do with the
problem. ASUS driver when installed shows VW222 (analog) under Device Manager
--> Monitor.
I read some posts in ASUS's web site forum enquiring on this issue, but so
far no response from them.
I have raised a technical enquiry any way, I'll wait for their response.
Meanwhile I gor huge headaches after 30 minutes looking at the screen.

Regards,

"Dwarf" wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> First things first. The native resolution of your monitor is 1680 X 1050, so
> if you are actually trying to drive it with the resolution you state in your
> post I am surprised that it actually works at all. Secondly, the vertical
> refresh rate for this monitor ranges from 56Hz to 75Hz. Check all
> connections, in particular the video lead. Also check that the graphics card
> is seated in its socket correctly and that all supplementary power
> connections are secure (if any). Make sure that your graphics card is not
> overclocked but running at factory default settings. If your graphics card
> has 2 monitor ports, try using the other one.
> Dwarf
>
> "Andrew Pontes" wrote:
>
> > I got a LCD Monitor DVI Asus VW222U. I have installed the correct driver from
> > ASUS.
> > I got a problem with a flickering screen. I have tried to adjust the screen
> > refresh rate, but I am only given two option: 59Hz and 60 Hz.
> > I tried the monitor menu as well, but no sucess.
> > The monitor guide advises to adjust the clock rate under the Focus menu, but
> > there is no such option in the menu.
> > It follows my setup:
> > OS: Vista 64bits
> > Monitor: ASUS VW222U
> > Screen Resolution: 1680 X 1605
> > Screen Refresh Rate: 60Hz
> > Graphic Card: Sapphire X1550
> >

> > Any help is welcome,

Dwarf

RE: Screen refresh rate configuration
Hi Andrew,

You could try using the analogue connection to see if that solves your
problem. Another option would be to download the latest driver for your
graphics card. These drivers are being developed all the time, and a newer
driver may solve your problem.
Dwarf

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_ca...common-vista64

"Andrew Pontes" wrote:

> Hi Dwarf,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Actually I mistyped the resolution rate, it is set to
> the native resolution 1680 X 1050.
> The graphic card was installed by the computer seller, so I have not touch it.
> I am not home now, but I am pretty sure the graphic card should have two
> ports, one for DVI (I am using that) and Analogic.
> There is a details that I'm not sure if has something to do with the
> problem. ASUS driver when installed shows VW222 (analog) under Device Manager
> --> Monitor.
> I read some posts in ASUS's web site forum enquiring on this issue, but so
> far no response from them.
> I have raised a technical enquiry any way, I'll wait for their response.
> Meanwhile I gor huge headaches after 30 minutes looking at the screen.
>
> Regards,
>
> "Dwarf" wrote:
>
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > First things first. The native resolution of your monitor is 1680 X 1050, so
> > if you are actually trying to drive it with the resolution you state in your
> > post I am surprised that it actually works at all. Secondly, the vertical
> > refresh rate for this monitor ranges from 56Hz to 75Hz. Check all
> > connections, in particular the video lead. Also check that the graphics card
> > is seated in its socket correctly and that all supplementary power
> > connections are secure (if any). Make sure that your graphics card is not
> > overclocked but running at factory default settings. If your graphics card
> > has 2 monitor ports, try using the other one.
> > Dwarf
> >
> > "Andrew Pontes" wrote:
> >
> > > I got a LCD Monitor DVI Asus VW222U. I have installed the correct driver from
> > > ASUS.
> > > I got a problem with a flickering screen. I have tried to adjust the screen
> > > refresh rate, but I am only given two option: 59Hz and 60 Hz.
> > > I tried the monitor menu as well, but no sucess.
> > > The monitor guide advises to adjust the clock rate under the Focus menu, but
> > > there is no such option in the menu.
> > > It follows my setup:
> > > OS: Vista 64bits
> > > Monitor: ASUS VW222U
> > > Screen Resolution: 1680 X 1605
> > > Screen Refresh Rate: 60Hz
> > > Graphic Card: Sapphire X1550
> > >

> > > Any help is welcome,

Andrew Pontes

RE: Screen refresh rate configuration
Hi Dwarf,

I have downloaded the newest drive for Sapphire X1550, the Catalyst stuff. I
played around with all option available and no deal, screen is still
flickering. I contacted ASUS support, they advised that I should try other
video cards, but that's not an easy thing to do since I have buy them first.
There is a lack of compatibility tables, showing which video cards are
compatible with which monitors.

I'll come back to the seller to show the problem and see if they can change
the video card at no costs to me.