Blu-Ray

Craig008

Blu-Ray
i have just got me a nice new blu-ray drive for my vista ultimate machine,
but all the software i have does not play blu-ray discs for some reason when
nero 8 should. what software should i be using does it have to be 3rd party.
so u know my machine happily plays HD vids downloaded from PSN but they are
in mp4 format - any help is much appreciated
--
grapes
Dustin Harper

Re: Blu-Ray
PowerDVD plays Blu-Ray fine.

Of course, your video card would need to support the HDCP copy
protection scheme to play them, as well. Make sure your video card has
the most recent drivers, as well.

Here is a page for system requirements to play Blu-Ray with copy
protection: http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nero8-trial.php

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

Craig008 wrote:
> i have just got me a nice new blu-ray drive for my vista ultimate machine,
> but all the software i have does not play blu-ray discs for some reason when
> nero 8 should. what software should i be using does it have to be 3rd party.
> so u know my machine happily plays HD vids downloaded from PSN but they are
> in mp4 format - any help is much appreciated

Grae

Re: Blu-Ray
Craig

Congratulations, I've been going thru hell with Vista Ultimate 64bit and
playing HD-DVDs for over 6 months now. Initially the problem related to my
Realtek 850 chipset on the motherboard not supporting spdif passthru under
Vista64, so I only got stereo sound. An X-fi card sorted that out, and I
had hd-dvd playback with picture and DD sound for about a month.

Now, Nero8 stops immediately I click play ie just doesn't start, with no
explanation. Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra worked for about a month, but now
starts and immediately stops with an error message telling me my Asus
en8800gts videocard hardware or driver is not hd-dvd capable. Initially I
blamed an update from Cyberlink for creating the problem, but since Nero8
reacts similarly I'm assuming its down to Nvidia or Microsoft. I'm
including Microsoft now, because working my way back thru the last 4 Nvidia
graphics drivers hasn't turned up one that works anymore.

Fortunately, I can dual-boot the system, and both Nero8 and Powerdvd Ultra
work beautifully. Personally I prefer Powerdvd Ultra, but if you've got
Nero8 go with it.

HAVING TO KEEP XP ON THE MACHINE, ESSENTIALLY JUST TO PLAY HD-DVDs TRUELY
STINKS!

Graeme

"Craig008" <Craig008@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have just got me a nice new blu-ray drive for my vista ultimate machine,
> but all the software i have does not play blu-ray discs for some reason
> when
> nero 8 should. what software should i be using does it have to be 3rd
> party.
> so u know my machine happily plays HD vids downloaded from PSN but they
> are
> in mp4 format - any help is much appreciated
> --
> grapes

Blu-ray or HD-DVD? This PC doesn't care BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 10-12-2007 03:21
Blu-ray or HD DVD: Steve Security News 0 09-25-2007 04:01
Blue Blu-ray Steve General Technology News 0 08-01-2007 11:04
Blue Blu-ray Steve General Technology News 0 07-31-2007 23:15
Sony sued over Blu-ray BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 05-26-2007 12:53