MCE Keyboard - Not working until after login

Donchik

MCE Keyboard - Not working until after login
Dear All,

I'm running Vista Home Premium in an Antec Fusion V2 case with an inbuilt
MCE IR receiver.

I've install all the software and it does not appear to be a problem.

Only issue I have is that the IR keyboard/Mouse does not work at the login
screen.

Currently I need to plug in a regular keyboard, and then login. Once loged
in, the IR keyboard works fine.

Can anybody advise me how to sort out this problem. Obviously the IR
keyboard should work at login, or its just not fit for purpose!

Is it possible to start the IR as a service at power-up?

FYI the IR receiver in the Antec case is a Soundgraph OEM product.

Thomas Wendell

Re: MCE Keyboard - Not working until after login

"Donchik" <Donchik@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:2E74C4BD-20FF-4BF2-87F4-3EFBE2BCC278@microsoft.com...
> Dear All,
>
> I'm running Vista Home Premium in an Antec Fusion V2 case with an inbuilt
> MCE IR receiver.
>
> I've install all the software and it does not appear to be a problem.
>
> Only issue I have is that the IR keyboard/Mouse does not work at the login
> screen.
>
> Currently I need to plug in a regular keyboard, and then login. Once loged
> in, the IR keyboard works fine.
>
> Can anybody advise me how to sort out this problem. Obviously the IR
> keyboard should work at login, or its just not fit for purpose!
>
> Is it possible to start the IR as a service at power-up?
>
> FYI the IR receiver in the Antec case is a Soundgraph OEM product.

You most likely have to enter the BIOS (with the "regular" keyboard) and
enable "USB legacy support"

--
Tumppi

Donchik

Re: MCE Keyboard - Not working until after login
Hi Thomas,

Thanks, but I already have legacy support enabled.

Problem appears to be that the software does not kick in until after login.

Best regards,
D.