Missing RAM

darrenhart

Missing RAM
I'm running Vista 64 bit with four gig of RAM and a Geforce 7100 gs Video
card. THe computer is showing 3199mb of Ram. Total Available Graphics
memory is 1471MB Dedicated Video is 128 MB System Video is 0MB and Shared
System Memory is 1343 MB. How can I get it to see 4 gig of ram?

Re: Missing RAM

"darrenhart" <darrenhart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Vista 64 bit with four gig of RAM and a Geforce 7100 gs Video
> card. THe computer is showing 3199mb of Ram. Total Available Graphics
> memory is 1471MB Dedicated Video is 128 MB System Video is 0MB and Shared
> System Memory is 1343 MB. How can I get it to see 4 gig of ram?

Upgrade to SP1. Vista won't use all 4 GB, though since some is required for
your shared graphics memory and some is taken up by each PCI slot and other
hardware.

Tom Lake

dmex

Re: Missing RAM

We cannot help you after installing SP1-RC1 as its beta software.

Give it a go and see if it corrects your issue just beware SP1 is
TIME-LIMITED to expire early next year and is not supported anywhere by
anyone.

--
dmex
Tom Lake

Re: Missing RAM

"dmex" <dmex.31u8f1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> We cannot help you after installing SP1-RC1 as its beta software.
>
> Give it a go and see if it corrects your issue just beware SP1 is
> TIME-LIMITED to expire early next year and is not supported anywhere by
> anyone.

Who is "we"? The people here can and will certainly support SP1 users!
I've never gotten a useful answer directly from MS so I never use them for
support anyway.

Tom Lake

dmex

Re: Missing RAM

Simply ignoring the problem and telling somone to install a RC build
software on there system is a reckless way of support to begin with as
it will never solve the original issue and can introduce bugs or break
applications a user might need forcing them to reinstall vista and the
programs losing valuble data.

We might be anyone you call or ask for help after the computer breaks
relating to services you have paid for like your ISP, business systems,
antivirus, company tech support...
We will not help any users installing this build of SP1 because its
TIMELIMITED and would be NO help in the long run because your forced to
uninstall it or re-install vista eventually.

There is a patch availabe and a few BIOS options that might fix this
cosmetic memory bug under Vista....http://www.vistax64.com has guides
available for this and other issues with vista, feel free to contact me
or others at the site if you require help.

--
dmex
JW

Re: Missing RAM
If your MOBO supports more then 4GB you may be able to gain access to
currently unused 800MB that is being reserved for address used by your
graphics card for its own onboard memory and for virtual memory buffers for
use during transfers.
See the following KB article.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929605/en-us
"darrenhart" <darrenhart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Vista 64 bit with four gig of RAM and a Geforce 7100 gs Video
> card. THe computer is showing 3199mb of Ram. Total Available Graphics
> memory is 1471MB Dedicated Video is 128 MB System Video is 0MB and Shared
> System Memory is 1343 MB. How can I get it to see 4 gig of ram?

jorgen

Re: Missing RAM
darrenhart wrote:
> I'm running Vista 64 bit with four gig of RAM and a Geforce 7100 gs Video
> card. THe computer is showing 3199mb of Ram. Total Available Graphics
> memory is 1471MB Dedicated Video is 128 MB System Video is 0MB and Shared
> System Memory is 1343 MB. How can I get it to see 4 gig of ram?

Check if your bios has a memory remap function, and enable it