Unable to turn off readyboost

Meta

Unable to turn off readyboost
When I go to the readyboost tab on the properties page for my flash drive to
turn off readyboost there is no button to turn it off, it only says that
there isn't enough free space on the flash drive and doesn't give me the
option of turning readyboost off (I have about 17 mb of free space left after
devoting as much of the 2 gb as I could to readyboost).
JW

Re: Unable to turn off readyboost
Just go to prosperities for the drive and then the ready boost tab and
disable ready boost for the drive.
"Meta" <Meta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I go to the readyboost tab on the properties page for my flash drive
> turn off readyboost there is no button to turn it off, it only says that
> there isn't enough free space on the flash drive and doesn't give me the
> option of turning readyboost off (I have about 17 mb of free space left
> after
> devoting as much of the 2 gb as I could to readyboost).

Location: San Diego, California - USA
howardb1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Disabling ReadyBoost Problem - Still
I too would like to disable ReadyBoost on one of my flashdrives, but when I go to the ReadyBoost tab all it says it that I have less than 256MB of ram and must make space by clearing files from the drive, but this isn't an option because the only thing on the drive is the ReadyBoost.

So in this case how do you turn it off. In my case I want replace the drive with a 16GB one and configure it to use 12GB of ReadyBoost.

I have 4GB of real memory, so 12GB is the 3:1 recommended size for ReadyBoost.
tanuj_chadha

Re: Unable to turn off readyboost

You can try to disable the ready boost option through services.msc.

PS: THIS METHOD HAS BEEN TESTED JUST ONCE. It worked fine.

--
tanuj_chadha
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Unable to turn off readyboost
I believe that 4GB is the max you can use for ReadyBoost. Don't waste your
money on a 16GB stick for RR. You cannot use it to transfer files while RR
is enabled and vice versa.

"howardb1" <howardb1.3ausg7@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I too would like to disable ReadyBoost on one of my flashdrives, but
> when I go to the ReadyBoost tab all it says it that I have less than
> 256MB of ram and must make space by clearing files from the drive, but
> this isn't an option because the only thing on the drive is the
> ReadyBoost.
>
> So in this case how do you turn it off. In my case I want replace the
> drive with a 16GB one and configure it to use 12GB of ReadyBoost.
>
> I have 4GB of real memory, so 12GB is the 3:1 recommended size for
> ReadyBoost.
>

> --
> howardb1

Curious

Re: Unable to turn off readyboost
Confirmation that 4GB is the max is in the following"

http://blogs.msdn.com/tomarcher/arch...02/615199.aspx

"Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I believe that 4GB is the max you can use for ReadyBoost. Don't waste your
>money on a 16GB stick for RR. You cannot use it to transfer files while RR
>is enabled and vice versa.
>
> "howardb1" <howardb1.3ausg7@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I too would like to disable ReadyBoost on one of my flashdrives, but
>> when I go to the ReadyBoost tab all it says it that I have less than
>> 256MB of ram and must make space by clearing files from the drive, but
>> this isn't an option because the only thing on the drive is the
>> ReadyBoost.
>>
>> So in this case how do you turn it off. In my case I want replace the
>> drive with a 16GB one and configure it to use 12GB of ReadyBoost.
>>
>> I have 4GB of real memory, so 12GB is the 3:1 recommended size for
>> ReadyBoost.
>>

>> --
>> howardb1

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Unable to turn off readyboost
I wonder if the appearance of exFAT flash devices will allow RR to use more
than the present 4GB? Perhaps.

"Curious" <spammenot@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Confirmation that 4GB is the max is in the following"
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/tomarcher/arch...02/615199.aspx
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I believe that 4GB is the max you can use for ReadyBoost. Don't waste
>>your money on a 16GB stick for RR. You cannot use it to transfer files
>>while RR is enabled and vice versa.
>>
>> "howardb1" <howardb1.3ausg7@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I too would like to disable ReadyBoost on one of my flashdrives, but
>>> when I go to the ReadyBoost tab all it says it that I have less than
>>> 256MB of ram and must make space by clearing files from the drive, but
>>> this isn't an option because the only thing on the drive is the
>>> ReadyBoost.
>>>
>>> So in this case how do you turn it off. In my case I want replace the
>>> drive with a 16GB one and configure it to use 12GB of ReadyBoost.
>>>
>>> I have 4GB of real memory, so 12GB is the 3:1 recommended size for
>>> ReadyBoost.
>>>

>>> --
>>> howardb1

lennyl12

Re: Unable to turn off readyboost

vista wont let me take reddy boost of my 1gb kingston flash drive please
help asap

--
lennyl12
Rick Rogers

Re: Unable to turn off readyboost
Right click/properties/"stop using....".

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org