keyboard

mark

keyboard
I need help!!!
I have vista installed on both c and d drives. I need do get my computer to
boot from c (d is default right now) I can't get it to boot from c because
the keyboard is non functional during boot up(so I can select which drive to
boot from). How do I get the keyboard to work during boot up?? The next thing
I want to do is format C or do a clean install of XP on it. I have gotten it
to boot from c a couple of times but I can't seem to get the XP disc to
install - the button is greyed out, I cant get c to format even when I'm
running on d. What do I do?? (other than smashing the piece of @##@$# with a
hammer)
Dwarf

RE: keyboard
Hi mark,

Are you using a USB keyboard? If you are, then the problem lies in your BIOS
not being setup to use legacy USB devices. If you have a PS2 keyboard (or a
USB to PS2 adapter for use with your existing keyboard), then plug it in and
start your machine. Enter your BIOS (follow the instructions in the
motherboard manual). Look for the option to enable USB legacy support and set
it to enabled. When you next start your machine with your keyboard connected
via USB, you should be able to use it during boot up.
Dwarf

"mark" wrote:

> I need help!!!
> I have vista installed on both c and d drives. I need do get my computer to
> boot from c (d is default right now) I can't get it to boot from c because
> the keyboard is non functional during boot up(so I can select which drive to
> boot from). How do I get the keyboard to work during boot up?? The next thing
> I want to do is format C or do a clean install of XP on it. I have gotten it
> to boot from c a couple of times but I can't seem to get the XP disc to
> install - the button is greyed out, I cant get c to format even when I'm
> running on d. What do I do?? (other than smashing the piece of @##@$# with a
> hammer)

mark

RE: keyboard
Thank You for your help...it worked perfectly