TOUCH-PAD NOT WORKING

VERITAS

TOUCH-PAD NOT WORKING
I tweaked the registry for optimal performance, then my laptop touch-pad
stopped working, I restored the system and still doesn't work, I tried
uninstalling and reinstalling driver, to no effect. I found on my system the
following error report:

-- Description
This program might not have installed correctly

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PCA2
Problem Signature 01: Uninstap.exe
Problem Signature 02: 7.0.1.103
Problem Signature 03: Uninstall Utility
Problem Signature 04: Uninstall Utility
Problem Signature 05: Alps Electric Co., Ltd.
Problem Signature 06: 1
Problem Signature 07: 201
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081
ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!
prrz
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: TOUCH-PAD NOT WORKING
"VERITAS" <VERITAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tweaked the registry for optimal performance, then my laptop touch-pad
> stopped working, I restored the system and still doesn't work, I tried
> uninstalling and reinstalling driver, to no effect. I found on my system
> the
> following error report:
>
> -- Description
> This program might not have installed correctly
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: PCA2
> Problem Signature 01: Uninstap.exe
> Problem Signature 02: 7.0.1.103
> Problem Signature 03: Uninstall Utility
> Problem Signature 04: Uninstall Utility
> Problem Signature 05: Alps Electric Co., Ltd.
> Problem Signature 06: 1
> Problem Signature 07: 201
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 3081
> ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!
> prrz

So much for using a reg cleaner to optimize your system. Look on the bright
side. You managed to dump any overhead brought about by having a working
touch pad.

When you say that you restored, do you mean a complete system refresh or
just using Windows restore to go back in time, but probably not far enough?

Did the restore actually work?

--
Mike Hall - MVP

Spirit

Re: TOUCH-PAD NOT WORKING
Try booting into Safe Mode
Then use Device Manager to DELETE ALL instances of the pad.

Reboot and see if it finds the driver. If not re-install.

"VERITAS" <VERITAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tweaked the registry for optimal performance, then my laptop touch-pad
> stopped working, I restored the system and still doesn't work, I tried
> uninstalling and reinstalling driver, to no effect. I found on my system
> the
> following error report:
>
> -- Description
> This program might not have installed correctly
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: PCA2
> Problem Signature 01: Uninstap.exe
> Problem Signature 02: 7.0.1.103
> Problem Signature 03: Uninstall Utility
> Problem Signature 04: Uninstall Utility
> Problem Signature 05: Alps Electric Co., Ltd.
> Problem Signature 06: 1
> Problem Signature 07: 201
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 3081
> ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!
> prrz

VERITAS

Re: TOUCH-PAD NOT WORKING
I went back far enough but system restore couldn't complete, I think it was
confused by the error.
--
prrz

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> "VERITAS" <VERITAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I tweaked the registry for optimal performance, then my laptop touch-pad
> > stopped working, I restored the system and still doesn't work, I tried
> > uninstalling and reinstalling driver, to no effect. I found on my system
> > the
> > following error report:
> >
> > -- Description
> > This program might not have installed correctly
> >
> > Problem signature
> > Problem Event Name: PCA2
> > Problem Signature 01: Uninstap.exe
> > Problem Signature 02: 7.0.1.103
> > Problem Signature 03: Uninstall Utility
> > Problem Signature 04: Uninstall Utility
> > Problem Signature 05: Alps Electric Co., Ltd.
> > Problem Signature 06: 1
> > Problem Signature 07: 201
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 3081
> > ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!
> > prrz

> So much for using a reg cleaner to optimize your system. Look on the bright
> side. You managed to dump any overhead brought about by having a working
> touch pad.
>
> When you say that you restored, do you mean a complete system refresh or
> just using Windows restore to go back in time, but probably not far enough?
>
> Did the restore actually work?
>
> --
> Mike Hall - MVP

VERITAS

Re: TOUCH-PAD NOT WORKING
Thank you. It's working!!!
--
prrz

"Spirit" wrote:

> Try booting into Safe Mode
> Then use Device Manager to DELETE ALL instances of the pad.
>
> Reboot and see if it finds the driver. If not re-install.
>
> "VERITAS" <VERITAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I tweaked the registry for optimal performance, then my laptop touch-pad
> > stopped working, I restored the system and still doesn't work, I tried
> > uninstalling and reinstalling driver, to no effect. I found on my system
> > the
> > following error report:
> >
> > -- Description
> > This program might not have installed correctly
> >
> > Problem signature
> > Problem Event Name: PCA2
> > Problem Signature 01: Uninstap.exe
> > Problem Signature 02: 7.0.1.103
> > Problem Signature 03: Uninstall Utility
> > Problem Signature 04: Uninstall Utility
> > Problem Signature 05: Alps Electric Co., Ltd.
> > Problem Signature 06: 1
> > Problem Signature 07: 201
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 3081