Dazzle DVC 80

Snapafun

Dazzle DVC 80
Anyone got this working on Vista [ Ultimate here ]
--
Regards
Frank
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Dazzle DVC 80
"Snapafun" <Snapafun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news8FB848A-0358-4995-A027-F80E6A708C0A@microsoft.com...
> Anyone got this working on Vista [ Ultimate here ]
> --
> Regards
> Frank
> All challenges, big and small, require the same commitment to resolve!

My guess is that the program was designed for XP as there is no mention of
Vista in the overview and specs.

Have you contacted Pinnacle support yet? What did they say?

--
Mike Hall - MVP

Snapafun's Avatar

Location: New Zealand
Snapafun is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Been awhile but no joy from Pinacle.

I was able to install the cd contents that came with the Dazzle DVC-80, but it is Wave4 and somewhat dated ~ I went the path of System Restore to be sure it didn't continue to play with my graphics but otherwise no ill effects.

I was able to see my VHS in the b/w view box having made the actual exe compatible for Win98 AND not having the program crash by running as admin.

Any other ideas anyone ? So close but so flutey.
__________________
--
Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!
Regards
Paul Montgomery

Re: Dazzle DVC 80
On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:06:52 +0100, Snapafun
<Snapafun.3dcrc6@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>Any other ideas anyone ?

Time to buy a newer one. That one is older than XP.

wickedman is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Dazzle DVC 80
ok i just joined...
but i can confirm that the dazzle dvc80 works under vista. i just did it and im transferring video with audio to my pc under vista ultimate.

im using roxio video wave 10 from media creator.

but i did install the driver from pinnicle that says it will work up to xp.

its not hard but follow these steps, and ignore all these people that are saying it wont work, and throwing them out.

the problem, the install is not compatible with vista, so you change the compatibility of the file to xp pro. its easy here:

1. download the driver from pinnacle, its: PCLEUSB.exe
2. dont install it yet
3. right mouse click
4. hit the 'compatibility' tab
5. check the 'run this program in compatabilty mode for:'
6. scroll and select 'windows xp (service pack 2)'
7. also check the 'run this program as an administrator box'
8. click the 'apply button'

now:

click and run the file, its going to think its running under xp.

dont plug in the usb for the dazzle. wait for the install the driver.

when its done plug in the dazzle, it will look for the driver it will find it and will install it, since you ran the pcleusb.exe. hell the dazzle thinks its running in xp. now any software will use it and it will be in all you video software as the "dazzle dvc80" in video options and same for audio. works great, clean video and clean audio. just like new.

enjoy,
wickedman

ps: you can change the compatbility for any program, windows could do this as far back as win 98.

Electric Falcon is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Dazzle DVC 80
Thanks Wickedman, I have been wanting to use this device on Vista for a long time now but always got the blue screen before.