Microsoft Basic USB Optical Mouse Problem with Vista Home Premium

tintin

Microsoft Basic USB Optical Mouse Problem with Vista Home Premium
Hi,
I recently purchased one Microsoft Basic USB Optical mouse to use with my
SONY VAIO VGN-FZ18L which is preloaded with Windows Vista Home Premium. But
whenever I plug the mouse to any of the 3 usb ports of the system a dialog
box appears saying " new hardware found", but then it looks for the mouse
from the microsoft website and nothin happens. Then it asks for the device
driver. i've downloaded the "Intellipoint 32.exe" from the microsoft website,
but nothin happens. I just cant use my mouse with the laptop.
Please help me use the usb mouse with the vista os.

thanking you for an earliest attention,

tamal saha
Wandering

Re: Microsoft Basic USB Optical Mouse Problem with Vista Home Premium
When the search screen appears, tell it you have a disk, and point it to
C:\Windows\System32. If Vista has a driver built in, it will find it
there...

"tintin" <tintin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I recently purchased one Microsoft Basic USB Optical mouse to use with my
> SONY VAIO VGN-FZ18L which is preloaded with Windows Vista Home Premium.
> But
> whenever I plug the mouse to any of the 3 usb ports of the system a dialog
> box appears saying " new hardware found", but then it looks for the mouse
> from the microsoft website and nothin happens. Then it asks for the device
> driver. i've downloaded the "Intellipoint 32.exe" from the microsoft
> website,
> but nothin happens. I just cant use my mouse with the laptop.
> Please help me use the usb mouse with the vista os.
>
> thanking you for an earliest attention,
>

> tamal saha

chrisd83w

Re: Microsoft Basic USB Optical Mouse Problem with Vista Home Prem
I am having the same problem with my Compaq C717NR notebook. My Microsoft
basic optical mouse does not work with it. It never finds a driver even
after installing the intellpoint software. My Microsoft Wireless explorer
mouse does not work either with Vista. XP is fine. What's up?