Lost the pop-up dialog box when microphone jack is plugged in

Cathie

Lost the pop-up dialog box when microphone jack is plugged in
The microphone on my headset has been working fine for a couple of months.
Every time I plugged the microphone jack from the headset in the right jack
of my laptop a dialog box came up with a list of items that may be used in
the jack port. Microphone was first on the list and highlighted and I would
click ok. Thinking I was making a shortcut for myself within this dialog box
I clicked the small box to not show this again assuming microphone would then
be the default. Now the dialog box does not come up as expected but the
microphone no longer works. When I check hardware settings it says the
microphone is working but not for me in reality. How can I get this dialog
box back?
my

RE: Lost the pop-up dialog box when microphone jack is plugged in

"Cathie" wrote:

> The microphone on my headset has been working fine for a couple of months.
> Every time I plugged the microphone jack from the headset in the right jack
> of my laptop a dialog box came up with a list of items that may be used in
> the jack port. Microphone was first on the list and highlighted and I would
> click ok. Thinking I was making a shortcut for myself within this dialog box
> I clicked the small box to not show this again assuming microphone would then
> be the default. Now the dialog box does not come up as expected but the
> microphone no longer works. When I check hardware settings it says the
> microphone is working but not for me in reality. How can I get this dialog
> box back?

rk_saini@inbox.com

Re: Lost the pop-up dialog box when microphone jack is plugged in
On Dec 18 2007, 12:37*am, Cathie <Cat...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> The microphone on my headset has been working fine for a couple of months.*
> Every time I plugged the microphone jack from the headset in the right jack
> of my laptop a dialog box came up with a list of items that may be used in
> the jack port. *Microphone was first on the list and highlighted and I would
> click ok. *Thinking I was making a shortcut for myself within this dialog box
> I clicked the small box to not show this again assuming microphone would then
> be the default. Now the dialog box does not come up as expected but the
> microphone no longer works. *When I check hardware settings it says the
> microphone is working but not for me in reality. How can I get this dialog
> box back?

I am also facing the same problem.... got any solution?
Rob5251

"rk_saini@inbox.com" wrote:

> On Dec 18 2007, 12:37 am, Cathie <Cat...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > The microphone on my headset has been working fine for a couple of months.
> > Every time I plugged the microphone jack from the headset in the right jack
> > of my laptop a dialog box came up with a list of items that may be used in
> > the jack port. Microphone was first on the list and highlighted and I would
> > click ok. Thinking I was making a shortcut for myself within this dialog box
> > I clicked the small box to not show this again assuming microphone would then
> > be the default. Now the dialog box does not come up as expected but the
> > microphone no longer works. When I check hardware settings it says the
> > microphone is working but not for me in reality. How can I get this dialog
> > box back?

> I am also facing the same problem.... got any solution?

I got the same problem, if anyone finds a solution let me know, thanks, Rob

mrhappy0505

Re: Lost the pop-up dialog box when microphone jack is plugged in

it may be too late, but if it helps, i did fix this problem with my
vista system. i had the same problem, i went to the control panel,
selected classic view, selected sigmatel audio settings, then i checked
the box to allowed reconfiguration pop-ups. it worked for me. hope this
helps.

--
mrhappy0505