Vista wont recognise CANON MP730

angimoo

Vista wont recognise CANON MP730
Hi,
i was wondering if anyone can help me.
My Canon MP730 was working on vista but now has stopped and vista wont
recognise the printer
I have uninstalled and re-installed the software
I have called Canon and they told me to install the new driver...still no luck
it scans and faxes...but does not print which is most important to me
PLEASE HELP

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Vista wont recognise CANON MP730
Have you checked ink levels?

--
Mike Hall - MVP

"angimoo" <angimoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> i was wondering if anyone can help me.
> My Canon MP730 was working on vista but now has stopped and vista wont
> recognise the printer
> I have uninstalled and re-installed the software
> I have called Canon and they told me to install the new driver...still no
> luck
> it scans and faxes...but does not print which is most important to me
> PLEASE HELP

Carololiver2@gmail.com

Re: Vista wont recognise CANON MP730
On Dec 17, 12:19 am, angimoo <angi...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
> i was wondering if anyone can help me.
> My Canon MP730 was working on vista but now has stopped and vista wont
> recognise the printer
> I have uninstalled and re-installed the software
> I have called Canon and they told me to install the new driver...still no luck
> it scans and faxes...but does not print which is most important to me
> PLEASE HELP

I'm having the same problem, only with my HP printer. It's not a
printer problem, it's a VISTA problem. All over the web you can read
posts from people who are having problems with VISTA not recognizing
their USB devices. I'm still tracking down a solution - have already
been online chatting extensively with customer support about it.
Latest updates don't fix it, nor does reinitializing the USP root
hubs, but I found a link to a Microsoft beta fix that might address
the problem. Will post again when I get it fixed.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista wont recognise CANON MP730
Are ANY of your USB devices working correctly? If not, I'd say it was more
to do with USB hardware in your PC than any software written by any
manufacturer.
--
Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

<Carololiver2@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm having the same problem, only with my HP printer. It's not a
> printer problem, it's a VISTA problem. All over the web you can read
> posts from people who are having problems with VISTA not recognizing
> their USB devices. I'm still tracking down a solution - have already
> been online chatting extensively with customer support about it.
> Latest updates don't fix it, nor does reinitializing the USP root
> hubs, but I found a link to a Microsoft beta fix that might address
> the problem. Will post again when I get it fixed.

angimoo

Re: Vista wont recognise CANON MP730
yes USB ports work fine

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Are ANY of your USB devices working correctly? If not, I'd say it was more
> to do with USB hardware in your PC than any software written by any
> manufacturer.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> <Carololiver2@gmail.com> wrote in message
>

> > I'm having the same problem, only with my HP printer. It's not a
> > printer problem, it's a VISTA problem. All over the web you can read
> > posts from people who are having problems with VISTA not recognizing
> > their USB devices. I'm still tracking down a solution - have already
> > been online chatting extensively with customer support about it.
> > Latest updates don't fix it, nor does reinitializing the USP root
> > hubs, but I found a link to a Microsoft beta fix that might address
> > the problem. Will post again when I get it fixed.

angimoo

Re: Vista wont recognise CANON MP730
Yes, the ink levels are fine, quite full

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> Have you checked ink levels?
>
> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
>

> "angimoo" <angimoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > i was wondering if anyone can help me.
> > My Canon MP730 was working on vista but now has stopped and vista wont
> > recognise the printer
> > I have uninstalled and re-installed the software
> > I have called Canon and they told me to install the new driver...still no
> > luck
> > it scans and faxes...but does not print which is most important to me
> > PLEASE HELP

angimoo

Re: Vista wont recognise CANON MP730
thanks, thats what i think....vista is the problem
The printer works fine on my other PC which runs XP
Let me know how u go

"Carololiver2@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Dec 17, 12:19 am, angimoo <angi...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > i was wondering if anyone can help me.
> > My Canon MP730 was working on vista but now has stopped and vista wont
> > recognise the printer
> > I have uninstalled and re-installed the software
> > I have called Canon and they told me to install the new driver...still no luck
> > it scans and faxes...but does not print which is most important to me
> > PLEASE HELP

> I'm having the same problem, only with my HP printer. It's not a
> printer problem, it's a VISTA problem. All over the web you can read
> posts from people who are having problems with VISTA not recognizing
> their USB devices. I'm still tracking down a solution - have already
> been online chatting extensively with customer support about it.
> Latest updates don't fix it, nor does reinitializing the USP root
> hubs, but I found a link to a Microsoft beta fix that might address
> the problem. Will post again when I get it fixed.

angimoo

Re: Vista wont recognise CANON MP730
Hi, i was wondering if u have had any luck getting ur HP printer to work on
vista?

"Carololiver2@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Dec 17, 12:19 am, angimoo <angi...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > i was wondering if anyone can help me.
> > My Canon MP730 was working on vista but now has stopped and vista wont
> > recognise the printer
> > I have uninstalled and re-installed the software
> > I have called Canon and they told me to install the new driver...still no luck
> > it scans and faxes...but does not print which is most important to me
> > PLEASE HELP

> I'm having the same problem, only with my HP printer. It's not a
> printer problem, it's a VISTA problem. All over the web you can read
> posts from people who are having problems with VISTA not recognizing
> their USB devices. I'm still tracking down a solution - have already
> been online chatting extensively with customer support about it.
> Latest updates don't fix it, nor does reinitializing the USP root
> hubs, but I found a link to a Microsoft beta fix that might address
> the problem. Will post again when I get it fixed.

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Vista wont recognise CANON MP730
My old HP psc950 has worked with Vista from day one. And it is a
multifunction printer. If you check the models you are interested in on the
HP website the descriptions will state whether or not a Vista driver is
available. If you are having issues with your printer you need to state
what model it is, what is not working, and what steps you have already tried
before anyone can offer any advice.

> Hi, i was wondering if u have had any luck getting ur HP printer to work
> on
> vista?
>

> "Carololiver2@gmail.com" wrote:
>
>> On Dec 17, 12:19 am, angimoo <angi...@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > i was wondering if anyone can help me.
>> > My Canon MP730 was working on vista but now has stopped and vista wont
>> > recognise the printer
>> > I have uninstalled and re-installed the software
>> > I have called Canon and they told me to install the new driver...still
>> > no luck
>> > it scans and faxes...but does not print which is most important to me
>> > PLEASE HELP

>> I'm having the same problem, only with my HP printer. It's not a
>> printer problem, it's a VISTA problem. All over the web you can read
>> posts from people who are having problems with VISTA not recognizing
>> their USB devices. I'm still tracking down a solution - have already
>> been online chatting extensively with customer support about it.
>> Latest updates don't fix it, nor does reinitializing the USP root
>> hubs, but I found a link to a Microsoft beta fix that might address
>> the problem. Will post again when I get it fixed.

ChrisJust66

Re: Vista wont recognise CANON MP730

It's definitly a vista problem. One of my usb mice will not work with
vista. It'll recognize it and light up but won't work at all. But then
I'll boot into xp and it'll work great.

--
ChrisJust66