Can Not See Mouse Pointer on Screen

squeeze_me_1

Can Not See Mouse Pointer on Screen
When I am using either my touchpad or a wireless mouse I can not see my
cursor pointer on screen most of the time. It is visible in some instances,
but never visible when placed over text in an email, Word, etc. Any ideas?
Thanks for your help
dzomlija

Re: Can Not See Mouse Pointer on Screen

squeeze_me_1;546533 Wrote:
> When I am using either my touchpad or a wireless mouse I can not see my
> cursor pointer on screen most of the time. It is visible in some
> instances, but never visible when placed over text in an email, Word,
> etc. Any ideas?
> Thanks for your help

Generally, the system hides the cursor when it is over any text and you
begin typing. You can turn this feature off by following this procedure:

- Open Control Panel
- Under "Hardware and Sound", click "Mouse" (Or Double-click the
Mouse icon if you're in Classic View)
- Click the "Pointer Options" tab
- Under "Visibility", remove the check from the "Hide pointer while
typing" box.
- Click OKThe mouse pointer should remain visible at all times, even while typing.

--
dzomlija

____________________________________
Peter Alexander Dzomlija
Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? -And as
you die, so shall I be Reborn-...

- ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
- AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4800+
- 4GB DDR400
- 128MB ASUS nVidia 6600 PCI-Express
- Thermaltake Tai-Chi Watercooled Chassis
- 1207GB Total Formatted Storage
- Vista Ultimate x64
- CodeGear Delphi 2007See my rig at:
http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...zomlija/Venus/

My Weblog:
'http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/' (http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/)
squeeze_me_1

Re: Can Not See Mouse Pointer on Screen
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. Unfortunately that check box
wasn't checked and therefore didn't solve the problem. I lose the mouse
pointer totally when I move over text, and therefore I can't highlight
anything, etc.

"dzomlija" wrote:

> squeeze_me_1;546533 Wrote:
> > When I am using either my touchpad or a wireless mouse I can not see my
> > cursor pointer on screen most of the time. It is visible in some
> > instances, but never visible when placed over text in an email, Word,
> > etc. Any ideas?
> > Thanks for your help

> Generally, the system hides the cursor when it is over any text and you
> begin typing. You can turn this feature off by following this procedure:
>
> - Open Control Panel
> - Under "Hardware and Sound", click "Mouse" (Or Double-click the
> Mouse icon if you're in Classic View)
> - Click the "Pointer Options" tab
> - Under "Visibility", remove the check from the "Hide pointer while
> typing" box.
> - Click OKThe mouse pointer should remain visible at all times, even while typing.
>

> --
> dzomlija
>
> ____________________________________
> Peter Alexander Dzomlija
> Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? -And as
> you die, so shall I be Reborn-...
>
> - ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
> - AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4800+
> - 4GB DDR400
> - 128MB ASUS nVidia 6600 PCI-Express
> - Thermaltake Tai-Chi Watercooled Chassis
> - 1207GB Total Formatted Storage
> - Vista Ultimate x64
> - CodeGear Delphi 2007See my rig at:
> http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...zomlija/Venus/
>
> My Weblog:
> 'http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/' (http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/)

Derek

Re: Can Not See Mouse Pointer on Screen
I had the same problem. I found if I went to the Mouse Properties -
Pointers page, then scrolled down in Customize to the Text Select
Pointer then click Browse, it takes you to the Windows\Cursors folder
and I selected the beam_r.cur file. Now it works much better.
mikeEboston

Re: Can Not See Mouse Pointer on Screen

I have the same problem. Did you ever figure out how to solve the
problem?

--
mikeEboston
Richard Urban

Re: Can Not See Mouse Pointer on Screen
There are mouse options that allow you to hide the pointer while in a text
program. This is usually ON by default. The pointer appears when you move
the mouse.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP