Blue screen error

Kees

Blue screen error
I frequently get the following bluescreen error:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x7FA1EB44, 0X00000002, 0X00000008, 0X7FA1EB44)

Can someone translate this error into a solution???

THANKS!

dmex

Re: Blue screen error

my experience with irq_not_not_less_or_equal Blue S*** Of Death errors
are usually caused by faulty drivers (3rd party/boot theme
programs/virtual device/disconnected device`s) and older BIOS`s.

You can try turning your BIOS OS PnP support to "Off"
or

1. Open Registry Editor
2. In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\SessionManager\Enviroment
3. Create the following value (DWORD):
devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices and give it a value of 1.
4. Close Registry Editor and reboot.

When you open device manager click View then Show Hidden Devices, you
can then view all the drivers for disconnected/non -present devices
instead of just hidden system devices and remove the non-present ones.

Searching google for STOP: 0x000000D1 just tells me its a generic
device issue.

--
dmex
Kees

Re: Blue screen error
My pc is rather new; Asus P5B. with 3 gb. (3x1gb)

I now also get another message, with bluescreen: STOP: 0x00000050

"dmex" <dmex.31oe0d@no-mx.forums.net> schreef in bericht

> my experience with irq_not_not_less_or_equal Blue S*** Of Death errors
> are usually caused by faulty drivers (3rd party/boot theme
> programs/virtual device/disconnected device`s) and older BIOS`s.
>
> You can try turning your BIOS OS PnP support to "Off"
> or
>
> 1. Open Registry Editor
> 2. In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following registry key:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\SessionManager\Enviroment
> 3. Create the following value (DWORD):
> devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices and give it a value of 1.
> 4. Close Registry Editor and reboot.
>
> When you open device manager click View then Show Hidden Devices, you
> can then view all the drivers for disconnected/non -present devices
> instead of just hidden system devices and remove the non-present ones.
>
> Searching google for STOP: 0x000000D1 just tells me its a generic
> device issue.
>

> --
> dmex

dmex

Re: Blue screen error

::These are copyed from Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles...

Stop ::0x000000D1:::: or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL::::

The Stop 0xD1 messages indicates that the system
attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process
IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper
addresses typically cause this error.

Possible Resolutions:
Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or
system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or
roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the
error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible
update. Using updated software is especially important for
backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus
scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

::::Stop ::::0x00000050:::: or ::PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA::

The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested
data was not in memory. The system generates an exception
error when using a reference to an invalid system memory
address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM
cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote
control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.
Possible Resolutions:
If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the
hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the
problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware
manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

STOP 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty
drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to
disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the
recently installed service or application to determine if
this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the
problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates.
Using updated drivers and software is especially important
for network interface cards, video adapters, backup
programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and
CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available,
attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same
family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes
Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or
Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.

--
dmex
Kees

Re: Blue screen error
Hoew can I analyze whether a driver is 'faulthy'?

"dmex" <dmex.31pus0@no-mx.forums.net> schreef in bericht

> ::These are copyed from Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles...
>
> Stop ::0x000000D1:::: or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL::::
>
> The Stop 0xD1 messages indicates that the system
> attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process
> IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper
> addresses typically cause this error.
>
> Possible Resolutions:
> Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or
> system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or
> roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the
> error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible
> update. Using updated software is especially important for
> backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus
> scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.
>

> ::::Stop ::::0x00000050:::: or ::PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA::
>
> The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested
> data was not in memory. The system generates an exception
> error when using a reference to an invalid system memory
> address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM
> cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote
> control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.
> Possible Resolutions:
> If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the
> hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the
> problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware
> manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.
>
> STOP 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty
> drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to
> disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the
> recently installed service or application to determine if
> this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the
> problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates.
> Using updated drivers and software is especially important
> for network interface cards, video adapters, backup
> programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and
> CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available,
> attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same
> family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes
> Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or
> Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.
>

> --
> dmex

dmex

Re: Blue screen error

Usually when the BSOD appears look for the name of the file "STOP:<error
code> <cause>" that can help identify the exact driver or file anf ix
the problem.
Use this guide to diable auto-reboot to give you enough time to write
down the cause.
'John Barnett's Windows Vista Support: Disable Automatic Restart To
Read Blue Screen Messages'
(http://vistasupport.mvps.org/disable...mess ages.htm)

The only advice I can give is keep checking for updated device drivers
from your M.B. manufacturer also checking the Logs in Computer
Management and device manager.

--
dmex