2 Mice?

Al

2 Mice?
I have an HP wireless optical mouse on my Vista Home Premium system, and when
I look in Device Manager, I have two (apparently identical). I can delete
one, but it always seems to reappear. I am having the universal problems of
the mouse freezing on wakeup from sleep also; these two mice have anything to
do with that? Any way to kill one mouse? Mousetrap?
Al

RE: 2 Mice?
Never mind - one is USB connection, one is transmitter; why they show up as 2
HID mice is known only to the MS Wizards, but one of them is causing the
freezup...

"Al" wrote:

> I have an HP wireless optical mouse on my Vista Home Premium system, and when
> I look in Device Manager, I have two (apparently identical). I can delete
> one, but it always seems to reappear. I am having the universal problems of
> the mouse freezing on wakeup from sleep also; these two mice have anything to
> do with that? Any way to kill one mouse? Mousetrap?

ato_zee@hotmail.com

Re: 2 Mice?

On 15-Dec-2007, =?Utf-8?B?QWw=?= <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Never mind - one is USB connection, one is transmitter; why they show up
> as 2
> HID mice is known only to the MS Wizards, but one of them is causing the
> freezup...
>
> "Al" wrote:
>
> > I have an HP wireless optical mouse on my Vista Home Premium system, and
> > when
> > I look in Device Manager, I have two (apparently identical). I can
> > delete
> > one, but it always seems to reappear. I am having the universal
> > problems of
> > the mouse freezing on wakeup from sleep also; these two mice have
> > anything to
> > do with that? Any way to kill one mouse? Mousetrap?

I have 3 mice (related) devices at once and they all work fine.
Wireless Optical Mouse (Lyromedia) PS2
Marble Mouse which I can reach for when I need to roll both
ways, as with spreadsheets. (Logitech) USB
Graphics Pad classed by Vista as a HID (Human Interface Device)
with MS generic installed itsef P&P driver. (Nisis £5.50 s/h eBay,
works fine for me though others have reported problems) USB
so seeing two mice may not be your problem.
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: 2 Mice?
What you are seeing is an effect on the mouse while the system is waking up.
I doubt that the mouse is causing the problem. Are we to assume that the
mouse does recover at some point?

Look for other processes that might be running that was cause the system to
freeze.

--
Mike Hall - MVP