Vista Will Not Recognize Drivers

Steve Wade

Vista Will Not Recognize Drivers
I have a LExmark P4350 Printer and a Canon N1240U Scanner. I have downloaded
and installed the Vista Drivers according to the manufacturers instructions
and get no errors.

When I connect the devices Vista trys to complete the installation butthen
returns the following error message

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while
attempting to install it.

Driver Name

Same message for both the lexmark and canon drivers.

Has anyone come across this problem in Vista Home Premium

Thanks

Cal Bear '66

Re: Vista Will Not Recognize Drivers
You can request this Microsoft hotfix:

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Steve Wade" <SteveWade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news958C15A-880C-4236-B6D0-FE8BCD610494@microsoft.com...
>I have a LExmark P4350 Printer and a Canon N1240U Scanner. I have downloaded
> and installed the Vista Drivers according to the manufacturers instructions
> and get no errors.
>
> When I connect the devices Vista trys to complete the installation butthen
> returns the following error message
>
> Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while
> attempting to install it.
>
> Driver Name

> Same message for both the lexmark and canon drivers.
>
> Has anyone come across this problem in Vista Home Premium
>
> Thanks

Steve Wade

Re: Vista Will Not Recognize Drivers
Thanks Cal bear 66.

I received the hotfix and installed but still no luck.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> You can request this Microsoft hotfix:

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Steve Wade" <SteveWade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news958C15A-880C-4236-B6D0-FE8BCD610494@microsoft.com...
> >I have a LExmark P4350 Printer and a Canon N1240U Scanner. I have downloaded
> > and installed the Vista Drivers according to the manufacturers instructions
> > and get no errors.
> >
> > When I connect the devices Vista trys to complete the installation butthen
> > returns the following error message
> >
> > Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while
> > attempting to install it.
> >
> > Driver Name
> >
> > The system cannot find the file specified.
> >
> > Same message for both the lexmark and canon drivers.
> >
> > Has anyone come across this problem in Vista Home Premium
> >
> > Thanks

Cal Bear '66

Re: Vista Will Not Recognize Drivers
Sorry the hotfix did not help.

You will probably get better more focused help for this problem by posting to
the microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan group.

The only other thing I can suggest is to completely uninstall any software for
these devices, reboot, and again try to install the devices, but this time do
not let the installation programs automatically run, but instead run them by
right clicking the setup.exe files and selecting "Run as Administrator"
(elevated).

Check again to make sure you have the latest Vista drivers.