Drivers Corrupt/Incompatible?

DaleTango

Drivers Corrupt/Incompatible?
Basically my DVD/CD drive will not boot. It says the drivers and are
installed and the actual drive is working fine(checked by repairman)

So I go into Device Manager and under DVD/CD-ROM drives it has..

FT6053C JRI645X SCSI CdRom Device
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17 ATA Device

and each has a little yellow exclamation mark infront, when clicked on it
comes up saying.."Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39).."

This is a brand new Sony Vaio running Vista..

Any ideas??
mikeyhsd

Re: Drivers Corrupt/Incompatible?
if it is BRAND new, all the hard ware should work.

take it back.
or if you cannot

uninstall the devices from device manager. power down the computer, wait 3 - 5 minutes, power it back and and allow it to find and install drivers.

..
look for newer drivers on line and install them from there.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"DaleTango" <DaleTango@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:372CDD93-0DCC-443C-B283-F7D5E3F6B291@microsoft.com...
Basically my DVD/CD drive will not boot. It says the drivers and are
installed and the actual drive is working fine(checked by repairman)

So I go into Device Manager and under DVD/CD-ROM drives it has..

FT6053C JRI645X SCSI CdRom Device
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17 ATA Device

and each has a little yellow exclamation mark infront, when clicked on it
comes up saying.."Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39).."

This is a brand new Sony Vaio running Vista..

Any ideas??
DaleTango

Re: Drivers Corrupt/Incompatible?
right, i went in, deleted the devices, they disappeared from the list, turned
off for 5-10 minutes, turned it on, and theyve re-appeared on the list :|

Its literally a month old and working fine just a few days ago. Took no
knocks or anything.

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> if it is BRAND new, all the hard ware should work.
>
> take it back.
> or if you cannot
>
> uninstall the devices from device manager. power down the computer, wait 3 - 5 minutes, power it back and and allow it to find and install drivers.
>
> ..
> look for newer drivers on line and install them from there.
>

> mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com
>

> "DaleTango" <DaleTango@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:372CDD93-0DCC-443C-B283-F7D5E3F6B291@microsoft.com...
> Basically my DVD/CD drive will not boot. It says the drivers and are
> installed and the actual drive is working fine(checked by repairman)
>
> So I go into Device Manager and under DVD/CD-ROM drives it has..
>
> FT6053C JRI645X SCSI CdRom Device
> PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17 ATA Device
>
> and each has a little yellow exclamation mark infront, when clicked on it
> comes up saying.."Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
> The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39).."
>
> This is a brand new Sony Vaio running Vista..
>
> Any ideas??

caps_lakhs@hotmail.com

Re: Drivers Corrupt/Incompatible?

go to start --- run-regedit--------go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-----
SYSTEM----CURRENTCONTROLSET----CONTROL--CLASS---{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
--- HERE YOU REMOVE UPPER FILTER AND LOWER FILTER.
RESTART YOUR SYSTEM AND IT WORKS. THIS IS FOR VISTA

--
caps_lakhs@hotmail.com
samvelc

Re: Drivers Corrupt/Incompatible?

Hello.
I need your help.
I bought a SONY VAIO VGN-FZ290EGS notebook.
The type of DVD/CD-ROM is PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17 ATA.
I can read, but I can't write CD/DVD.
When I am trying to write some data with NERO , I don't know why, but
burning speed is only 2x ( is it not strange???? because DVD+R Write is
8x max, and for DVD+R is 1x to 16x).
However, the process of burning goes normally, and in the end Nero says
that the process was finished successfully.
After that, I take DVD and again put it in DVD ROM. The DVD was
spoiled. And the computer doesn't recognize the DVD.
I don't know what to do.
Please help me.
Regards, Samvel

--
samvelc
Chuck

Re: Drivers Corrupt/Incompatible?
Have you checked for Vista compatability with the Nero version? It may need
an update or additional configuration.
Since Vista usually has DVD /CDR capability without Nero, there may be a
conflict between Nero and the Vista built in DVD/CD software.
Another possible issue is that the firmware on the drive may need to be
updated. I ran into this with a Sony DVD/CDR drive. It worked (on the same
PC) under Linux, but would not work properly under Windows. Turned out that
Windows was told by the drive that it was capable of a faster buss mode than
it actually was capable of.

"samvelc" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello.
> I need your help.
> I bought a SONY VAIO VGN-FZ290EGS notebook.
> The type of DVD/CD-ROM is PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17 ATA.
> I can read, but I can't write CD/DVD.
> When I am trying to write some data with NERO , I don't know why, but
> burning speed is only 2x ( is it not strange???? because DVD+R Write is
> 8x max, and for DVD+R is 1x to 16x).
> However, the process of burning goes normally, and in the end Nero says
> that the process was finished successfully.
> After that, I take DVD and again put it in DVD ROM. The DVD was
> spoiled. And the computer doesn't recognize the DVD.
> I don't know what to do.
> Please help me.
> Regards, Samvel
>

> --
> samvelc

samvelc

Re: Drivers Corrupt/Incompatible?

Hi, thank you for your response.
The same version of NERO I installed to another laptop with VISTA and
it is work,
I also updated the corresponding driver , but it doesn't help.

Thanks,
Samvel

[
quote=Chuck;746617]Have you checked for Vista compatability with the

--
samvelc
caps_lakhs@hotmail.com

Re: Drivers Corrupt/Incompatible?

Dear Friend,

I would suggest that you call up Sony service centre where you have
purchased the laptop from and they will guide you to the recovery. I
found this as best.

--
caps_lakhs@hotmail.com
rasmasyean

caps_lakhs;680069 Wrote:
> go to start --- run-regedit--------go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-----
> SYSTEM----CURRENTCONTROLSET----CONTROL--CLASS---{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
> --- HERE YOU REMOVE UPPER FILTER AND LOWER FILTER.
> RESTART YOUR SYSTEM AND IT WORKS. THIS IS FOR VISTA

I got a code 39 on and HP.
What's and Upper and Lower filter?

All I got is 3 folders in there.
0000
0001
Properties

Thx.

--
rasmasyean

Cure diseases with your unused processor power!
You can make a difference!
'Folding@Home' (http://folding.stanford.edu/) - Distributed Computing
rasmasyean

rasmasyean;891439 Wrote:
> > caps_lakhs;680069 Wrote:
> > go to start --- run-regedit--------go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-----
> > SYSTEM----CURRENTCONTROLSET----CONTROL--CLASS---{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
> > --- HERE YOU REMOVE UPPER FILTER AND LOWER FILTER.
> > RESTART YOUR SYSTEM AND IT WORKS. THIS IS FOR VISTA> >

> I got a code 39 on and HP.
> What's and Upper and Lower filter?
>
> All I got is 3 folders in there.
> 0000
> 0001
> Properties
>
> Thx.

Damn, never mind, I got it to work.
I had, but didn't see the "UpperFilters" at first because I looked at
the folders and not the actual entries within the main folder.

ROFL! Thx for your help.